Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My preemie baby has a belly ache that I cant get rid of.
jasonsgirlcrissi posted:
My newborn baby, Raylin, was born four weeks premature, at 5lbs 2oz and while we was still in the hospital she was on the enfamil newborn, but she threw it up every time she ate. she aas at 4lbs 6oz when we can't home. Well she's 11 days old now and since she's been home she's been on the gentlease, and hasn't spit up once. She's back up to about 5lbs. Well now she's having constipation problems that won't seem to go away. It took her 18 hours to pass her first stool at the hospital, then I had one incident where her stool were hard and she got backed up for about 10 hours then was able to go back to normal. Well this time she's been constipated for about 26 hours. Her last bowel was a full one but it was hard too. Generally 2 out of 3 of her diapers are poopy. I don't know how to sooften her stool or what to do. Or if this is even normal. My other two children didn't do this. So my question is is it normal and how do I help her along? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

blue_eyes23 responded:
Sugar water helps greatly and so does karo syrup

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

bottle problem
like this website i always check what i want to know about medical well i have a question how can i stop my son drink in the bottle his ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.