Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Head hit
An_253150 posted:
My 4month old hit his head hes started rolling just now and i didnt expect it. He fell off his changeing table on a clean clothes pile to be folded and was upset for a good three minutes. Hes acted normal and happy as usual but where he hit around his ear to his temple and a bit on his head its still swollen and it's 3 hours later. Im super worried. Everybody keeps telling me if hes acting fine and not crying hes fine but im worried. Has anyone had this happen before. My first instinct is to run to the doctor but my family and my mother were saying hes acting fine and hes fine and not to be such a worry wart. Help?

Take the Poll

Should he be taken to a doctor?
  • Yes.
  • No.
  • Wait till the morning.
  • Call a nurse.
vote
View Poll Results

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I hope you e ither called the triage nurse in your doctors office or took him in. Anytime they fall I think its more than half their height (or something like that can't remember the exact number that I read) they should be checked out. especially as an infant. He may act totally fine but sometimes things have to build up before they start acting funny. its one thing for a kid to fall because they kind of bounce back but its another for an infant. I hope everything turned out okay with your little boy. (saying from a medical background person) It is important to always have the baby strapped into the changing table (even if they don't know how to roll yet because its when you don't have them strapped that they decide they know how). And have one hand on them to ensure if they do decide to roll that you are already there. best wishes

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Crib Safety Tips
CRIB SAFETY TIPS if you have a used crib or are considering buying one: Make sure it has no corner posts. older infants can catch ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.