Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
First time dad :) tips and advice are welcomed.
PMPEREZ posted:
Hi everyone, well I am first time dad i am 25 years old. I have come to find out it can be hard at times. I was looking for a community to help me out and get some tips, I though what better place then here. Any advice or tips or anything at all would be appreciated.

AshleyE07 responded:
It gets easier! The first couple of months can be hard but just remember "this too shall pass!" You'll get to have more time with you significant other and you'll get a more regular sleep schedule again. If you end up with a colicky baby, and you feel yourself getting really mad or upset, don't feel bad putting the baby down in its crib for a minute or two to collect yourself and then go pick it back up...it's better than ending up wanting to shake it! Good luck! You'll do great!

hupper124 responded:
I'm in the same boat as you and just a few things I have learned... embrace this time, its hard work in the beginning when you find out that you are expecting but just remember you are doing it for your little one, talking about the nursery, the doctor appointments, and just getting the house ready. Something that goes without saying is give your wife what she needs... and that is support. Without you she would probably be a wreck.

Your in the right place for any advice.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

The What, When, How, and Why of Babies Sleeping Through the NightExpert
I absolutely love the discussions in this newborn community! I have noticed lots of discussions lately about sleep issues in babies that ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.