Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Sleep disorder/constipation?
    lhamby123 posted:
    My 8 month old grandson has trouble with a hard stool. He has to push really hard but can average a stool every day or two. His stool is like hard round balls. You don't even have to hardly wipe. My children and other grandchildren had loose stools unlike this child. He doesn't sleep at night. He goes to sleep but only sleeps an hour or two before waking up. I stayed up with him last night and every time he woke up, he'd wake up in pain and his stomach was extremely hard. He has a huge amount of gas as well. His excess gas and hard stool, I feel, is why he doesn't sleep all night or more than he does. Am I right and what do you think I should suggest to his parents.
    Terribly worried grandfather.

mtnorman responded:
    if you will give him a tablespoon of mineral oil every day it will help. The body cant digest it and it comes out just like it went in, SLICK. All it does is grease the way out. You will see it come out with the stool so dont freak out. Thats normal. I used it with my one year old for a long time until he got better at pooping easily.

Helpful Tips

Feeding tip
    When my baby was same age the rule was 2oz per pound. So if baby waight is 10lbs then he/she should have about 20 oz of formula. Have you ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.