Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Baby wakes up and get himself back to sleep
rambul posted:
My grandson is 8 months old and wakes himself up every hour or so by rolling around in his crib. He hits his head on the bar or gets his hand stuck between the bars. Once he's awake he can't but himself back to sleep and you have to rock him for awhile before he'll fall back to sleep. I put him back in his crib and he'll sleep until he again wakes himself up moving around in his crib. His parents won't allow a regular bumper in his crib. No blanket's are put on him or his twin who does sleep all night long. Since he started rolling over they were told not to put him in a swaddle because he could suffocate if he does roll over in it. Any suggestion on how to get him to not wake himself up?

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Updated Crib Safety GuidelinesExpert
For information on the latest federal crib safety standards, here is a link to important points for parents to be aware of! ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.