Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Clingy "Spoiled" Baby
preciouslittleone posted:
My daughter is 7 months old and is in the process of learning object permanence. She is very clingy to me, isn't even content with daddy holding her in the same room as me.

When its just the two of us she mostly fusses if I don't hold her, but sometimes plays on the floor near me. If I leave her in a safe place (swing, playpen, jumperoo, etc.) and leave the room after a couple minutes she's (sometimes is instantly) fine but as soon as she sees me fusses.

Its hard to get things done because she constantly wants me. I could wear her all day but it would still be hard to because she would be in-between me and the stuff I need to do.

Suggestions?

lettemommyof2 responded:
had the same issue with my son i could not even leave the room for 2 seconds, let alone anyone else hold him. He eventually grew out of it but it took a while i wish i could help with suggestions, sorry

atti_editor responded:
This article has some tips for separation anxiety that you might try. I hope that you and your daughter are doing well!

Best wishes,
Atti

preciouslittleone replied to atti_editor's response:
Yeah, she's almost 1 now (March 21st) and still super clingy at home, but out and about she's not very clingy. My plan is to socialize her more.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Updated Crib Safety GuidelinesExpert
For information on the latest federal crib safety standards, here is a link to important points for parents to be aware of! ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.