Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Clingy "Spoiled" Baby
    preciouslittleone posted:
    My daughter is 7 months old and is in the process of learning object permanence. She is very clingy to me, isn't even content with daddy holding her in the same room as me.

When its just the two of us she mostly fusses if I don't hold her, but sometimes plays on the floor near me. If I leave her in a safe place (swing, playpen, jumperoo, etc.) and leave the room after a couple minutes she's (sometimes is instantly) fine but as soon as she sees me fusses.

Its hard to get things done because she constantly wants me. I could wear her all day but it would still be hard to because she would be in-between me and the stuff I need to do.

Suggestions?

lettemommyof2 responded:
    had the same issue with my son i could not even leave the room for 2 seconds, let alone anyone else hold him. He eventually grew out of it but it took a while i wish i could help with suggestions, sorry

atti_editor responded:
    This article has some tips for separation anxiety that you might try. I hope that you and your daughter are doing well!

Best wishes,
    Atti

preciouslittleone replied to atti_editor's response:
    Yeah, she's almost 1 now (March 21st) and still super clingy at home, but out and about she's not very clingy. My plan is to socialize her more.

Helpful Tips

Feeding tip
    When my baby was same age the rule was 2oz per pound. So if baby waight is 10lbs then he/she should have about 20 oz of formula. Have you ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.