Skip to content
First pregnancy
jessicarn posted:
I am hoping that someone can help me... I am 23 and about 4 weeks ago I took the at home test and it was positive. The way I calculated it from the first day of my last cycle (oct 28) I am suppose to be about 6weeks and 1 day pregnant. My first visit to my gyno was yesterday. He gave me a vaginal exam, took my blood and urine sample as well as an u/s. The u/s showed the sac itself (a perfectly round sac) but no fetal pole. My dr. then told me that he finds it a bit strange that the fetal pole is not yet visible (considering I am 6 weeks in). He told me that looking at my u/s it looks like I am only 4 weeks pregnant. To me that doesn't add up... He warned me not to get scared if I start bleeding heavily ( in a way preparing me for a miscarriage). We made another u/s appointment 2 weeks from now. Today I received my HCG levels at 13,104. I don't know what to think? Is it possible to have a high hcg and continue a pregnancy with no fetal pole? Does it maybe mean that it might be too early to tell? Should I prepare myself for the worst?

cloughman responded:
A) you have the option to go to another OB for a 2nd opinion
it could be too early don't panic
C) stay positive stress can cause a miscarriage
D) You are most likely pregnant and at 8-12 weeks request an internal ultra sound based on the first diagnosis this should clear everything up hope all is well
( if you do miscarriage which I hope you don't please try again my mother miscarriaged and then had three healthy children)
God Bless remember you know your body signs best not the Dr they just explain what they are/could be

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Updated Crib Safety GuidelinesExpert
For information on the latest federal crib safety standards, here is a link to important points for parents to be aware of! ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.