Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cellulitis vs Dry Skin
winterjunkie posted:
How close does cellulitis look like dry skin? Are they close enough it could be misdiagnosed?

Ok, full story: I have a one year old and I noticed a rash on her elbows (both) yesterday night. Today at lunch the daycare called and said they had a child just diagnosed with cellulitis. I took her to the doctor right away and was told its just dry skin. She does not have a fever and is acting normal, but it just seems like a really high coincidence. She has never had a rash before. I'm not normally one to question the doc but cellulitis seems really dangerous if not treated. So I am trying to decide if I need a second opinion or if they are so obviously different that there isn't a question.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

anemia scare
my 16 month old daughter just got some blood work done and the results came back and showed she was anemic. We are very concerned, scared, ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.