Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Postpartum weight loss
kittykatjenn posted:
Hello all. I haven't posted here, but I was on the pregnancy after infertility board. My DD is 7 weeks today. I gained about 30lbs with her and I had lost all but about 9 lbs of it a couple weeks after she was born. With the holidays I have found that I have gained about 10lbs!
When I was pg I was taking 2 flights of stairs several times a day at work and always up and around. Being at home with baby and all the holiday foods have made me gain. So, my question is where are you now and how are you dropping the lbs???
I had lost 40 lbs right before I got pg and I still wanted to loose more. I know it takes a while, but I'm just looking for suggestions!

atti_editor responded:
Hi kittykatjenn, and welcome to the board!

Losing weight at any time can be quite the difficult process, but adding an infant, less sleep, virtually no time for exercise -- and the holidays -- into the mix makes it that much harder. I commend you on losing all but 9 lbs of your baby weight only a couple weeks after your daughter's birth!

Have you tried a mommy and me exercise class in your area, or do you know any other new moms that you could start a walking club with?

Here are a couple of resources I found that you might find helpful, and I am sure others on the board will start chiming in soon. I also encourage you to post your question on our Parenting board , where members are very good at giving helpful tips and advice.

Good luck and let us know how your journey is going!

-Atti

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Did you know crib bumpers can be dangerous?Expert
Sure they're cute, but are they worth the potential risk? Between 1985 and 2005, 27 children under the age of 2 years died and 25 were ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.