Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
underweight, underdeveoped and crying baby
jowi1 posted:
I babysat for a neighbor yesterday for their 7 month old adorable little girl.
her parents are lovely , happy and well educated and this is their first baby. we are retired and i offered to babysit occassionally when they want to go out to dinner or something light. However, I have been so upset ever since I babysat. The baby looks like a 3 1/2 month old instead of a 7 month old. She cries all the time. The parents told me they have not left her with her with me because she cries all the time. I don't think she sits up yet. I was able to settle her down and have her sleep a little by holding her real close and singing rock a bye baby. I know one would jump to the conclusion that she is spoiled but I do not believe that it is. I feel so strongly that something is really bothering the poor little girl. She is in the 15% of her weight. She refuses the bottle. Usually a bottle will soothe a baby. I am not satisfied that she is just a cranky baby and feel that maybe they are not doing all that they can to find out what is wrong with the baby. If adults can't get good food because of the problems indiginous to corporate america food - where does that leave babies.

I am so worried. Does any one have any clues?

lettemommyof2 responded:
I wouldn't judge by watching her one time. All kids are different and develop differently. My kids are both small because they where born samll, 5 lbs. And they both cryed like evry baby does. LOL my first did nothing but cry and kept me up all night long everynight for over a year and he is fine. My daughter on the other hand sleeps well but like him is small and ALOT of the time refuses to eat. she is 7 months also and is 12lbs. Dr says she is as healthy as can be

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

The What, When, How, and Why of Babies Sleeping Through the NightExpert
I absolutely love the discussions in this newborn community! I have noticed lots of discussions lately about sleep issues in babies that ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.