Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
At my wits end
newandlostmom posted:
I have a 9 month old son whom I dropped by accident on Friday night because he is so squirmy and strong, well we brought him to the ER and they found a buckle fracture in his lower left leg and put it in a splint. Well since Saturday we have been giving him 1 tsp of ibuprofen that the doctor prescribed him from the er for the pain. Well he has been non stop fussy and screaming not crying at the top of his lungs for hours on end. I do feed him before and after giving him the medicine but I was wondering if it may be upsetting his stomach or what. I am at a loss because I don't know what could be wrong with him. He does have an appt with an orthopedic doctor tomorrow morning. Any suggestions as to what I can do to comfort him through the night until I see the doctor tomorrow. Thank You

atti_editor responded:
Hi newandlostmom,

I am so sorry that we did not get to your question before your son's doctor appointment. How did everything go? Is he feeling better and back to being himself now?

Best wishes,
Atti

newandlostmom replied to atti_editor's response:
He is still in some severe pain but he is now in a full leg cast for at least another week. I am trying to alternate on the medicine and not giving him too much. Still not sure if I should let him have some juice since he has been sick on top of his leg issue

atti_editor replied to newandlostmom's response:
I am so sorry that he is still in pain but glad that he is on the mend! I just found this article that has some suggestions for comforting your sick baby. It suggests pushing fluids (including juice for babies older than 6 months), so I don't think a little juice will hurt.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Crib Safety Tips
CRIB SAFETY TIPS if you have a used crib or are considering buying one: Make sure it has no corner posts. older infants can catch ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.