Skip to content
so worried!
workingmomof2 posted:
I am a busy working mother of a 2 year old and a 7 month old. My 7 month old recently became very carnky, when he is usually all smiles until his brother picks on him. Also he is running a slight fever, has a clear runny nose, runny eyes ans does not want to eat or take a bottle. I can see that he is trying to cut upper teeth. At this time he does not want to put anything in his mouth. All attempts to make him comfortable are unsuccessfull. My husband and I are at our wits ends. Any suggestions?

atti_editor responded:
Hi workingmomof2,

I am so sorry that your little guy is not feeling well! If his fever is 101 or more, or if he is especially cranky, I would recommend calling your doctor to discuss his symptoms -- this WebMD article states that these are not normal teething behaviors -- but a slight fever and a little crankiness are fairly normal teething symptoms and should go away as soon as the tooth has broken through the gums.

You might try massaging his gums with your finger or a cool, wet washcloth if he will let you. If he is eating solid foods, a little applesauce or yogurt might help.

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

bottle problem
like this website i always check what i want to know about medical well i have a question how can i stop my son drink in the bottle his ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.