Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
3 MONTH OLD NOT SLEEPING
dlorson posted:
LOOKING FOR HELP FOR MY 3 MONTH OLD WHOM DOES NOT SLEEP VERY MUCH DURING THE DAY , HE TAKES 10-20 CAT NAPS , MAYBE 2-3 TIME A DAY , HE NEVER TAKES A NORMAL 1-2 HOUR NAP , HE ONLY GOES TO SLEEP WHILE BEING HELD ,BUT THEN AT NIGHT WE'LL GET 5-7 HOURS

atti_editor responded:
Hi dlorson,

Every baby's sleep needs are different, and individual baby's sleep cycles are very unpredictable in the first few months of life. This expert Q&A and this slideshow that I found on babies and sleep might be helpful for you. The slideshow contains some tips that might help with nap time.

Around 3 months, babies start making the hormone melatonin, which puts their sleep cycle into a more regular rhythm, so your son might start taking more regular naps soon. This might be a good question to bring up to your pediatrician. If your son is otherwise healthy, there is likely no need for change.

Best wishes,
Atti

stellagonzalez responded:
Make them busy in some sort of activity so that their body get tired and then they feel sleepy.

plazadental responded:
Every baby develops their own sleeping time. If your baby's having a hard time getting to sleep or staying asleep, whether during naps or at night, try putting her down sooner. On getting engaged for so long make them too tired and hence get settle down and get restful sleep.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Crib Safety Tips
CRIB SAFETY TIPS if you have a used crib or are considering buying one: Make sure it has no corner posts. older infants can catch ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.