Skip to content
reflux or virus
susulitt posted:
two weeks ago my two month old had what the doctor said was a stomach virus. No fever, acts perfectly fine, smiles and plays, is more sleepy than usual. now two nights ago we started with the same thing again, vomiting and not keep a bottle down, but she will keep down 1-2oz of pedialite given every 30 or so minutes. I have noticed that sometimes she prefers to "suck" on her bottle instead of a pacifier - she's not really sucking on it she just prefers that in her mouth. so this makes me wonder if she's keeping the bottle there to drink when the burning feeling starts???? or are we just unfortunately dealing with a second round of stomach virus.

atti_editor responded:
Hi susulitt,

While we cannot give medical advice or diagnosis on the board, you might want to take a look at this article I found on spitting up and vomiting in babies . It talks about reflux in babies and things that you can do that might help her keep a bottle down. At the same time, it could be a second round of stomach virus. I suggest that you make another appointment to see your pediatrician to discuss what she is experiencing.

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

bottle problem
like this website i always check what i want to know about medical well i have a question how can i stop my son drink in the bottle his ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.