Skip to content
4 month old with acid reflux
An_255791 posted:
My 4 month old has had reflux since birth. We are starting to give her food and I was wondering if it would be better for me to make my own baby food or if store bought is ok. she loves peas and is ok with them, she also likes carrots but she spits up more with the carrots. I want to start sweet potatoes but I am nervous if she will spit up.

atti_editor responded:
Hello,

This is something that you should discuss with your daughter's pediatrician. You want to make sure that she is getting adequate nutrition and discussing your plans with your doctor can insure that what you feed her will be beneficial for her health and growth. Here is some more information on acid reflux in infants in case your are interested.

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Updated Crib Safety GuidelinesExpert
For information on the latest federal crib safety standards, here is a link to important points for parents to be aware of! ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.