Skip to content
6 month old has cough
bearden87 posted:
My 6 month old baby has been coughing for about 4 weeks I took her to Dr 2 weeks ago and she said it was bronciolitis no antibiotics would clear it and it would go away but she is still coughing I don't know what to do about it...

atti_editor responded:
Hi bearden87,

I hope that your daughter is feeling better! This overview on bronchitis says that it is usually cleared in 2-3 weeks. Since your daughter has this for longer than that, it might be a good idea to bring her back to the doctor to make sure that you got the proper diagnosis and/or that the bronchitis is not developing into something more serious -- especially if you have seen no improvement or signs that her cough and any other symptoms are worsening. Breathing moist air from a hot shower or sink filled with hot water could help loosen mucous in her airways and allow her to cough it up more easily if this is a problem you are encountering.

Best wishes,
Atti

mariajohnson responded:
Boil a little piece of ginger in a pot, mix a little honey give 2 drops to the baby 3 times a day.

jessship replied to mariajohnson's response:
This may be good for babies over 12 months but under that are not supposed to have honey.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Crib Safety Tips
CRIB SAFETY TIPS if you have a used crib or are considering buying one: Make sure it has no corner posts. older infants can catch ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.