Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sex after baby
childofgod086 posted:
Any time after my husband and I have sex a day or two later I have spotting and some bleeding. Is that normal for anyone else? I didn't have any problems before pregnancy, I did have some tearing after a vaginal delivery, could that be part of the problem? Is it something to be worried about? Or will it go away after more time. I did take some mother's milk tea to increase my supply for breastfeeding and it said it can cause your period to come back, wasn't sure if that'd be part of the issue or not. I don't drink the tea much at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

atti_editor responded:
Hi childofgot068,

These two articles (found here and here ) discuss some possible causes of post-sex bleeding, and well as this piece that has some information about sex after pregnancy. Your bleeding could be caused by a number of things -- remaining postpartum bleeding, a result of hormones, the tearing that you mention, vaginal dryness after pregnancy and friction among other things. If this continues, it might be a good idea to make an appointment with your obgyn just to make sure that there are no problems that would require medical attention.

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Crib Safety Tips
CRIB SAFETY TIPS if you have a used crib or are considering buying one: Make sure it has no corner posts. older infants can catch ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.