Skip to content
Not growing properly
lierre04 posted:
My son is 9 months old and just had his well check. He has not grown lengthwise since his 6 month appointment. He was perfectly proportioned at his 6 month appointment, every measurement was in the 40-45th percentile. He is now in the 60th percentile for weight and the >5th percentile for length. I know length measurements aren't always accurate, but this seems like a huge difference to me. Any ideas as to what's going on? Is there something wrong with him?

atti_editor responded:
Hi lierre04,

Did your pediatrician give you any cause for concern at your son's appointment? Here is some information on baby growth charts that includes what they may tell you about your son's growth rate as well as how to tell if his percentiles could pose a problem. If you are concerned about his growth rate, the best thing to do is to speak with your doctor about your concerns. Please let us know how you are doing!

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Crib Safety Tips
CRIB SAFETY TIPS if you have a used crib or are considering buying one: Make sure it has no corner posts. older infants can catch ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.