Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Constant runny nose
doanemir posted:
New 8 month old has always had a runny nose and now she has developed a cough from what we assume is post nasal drip. We've done the nebulizer which broke up the congestion in her chest, but it's been a month and she still has the cough. Do babies have allergies? Benadryl doesn't seem to work and the cough is keeping her awake at night so she's missing a lot of sleep. Can babies be tested for allergies? Any ideas on what else it could be?
atti_editor responded:
Hi doanemir,

Babies can have allergies, to both things in the environment or food. Have you spoken with your doctor about her symptoms and the possibility of allergies? Your daughter's pediatrician will best know how to proceed with determining if this cough and runny nose is a result of allergies and will hopefully provide you with something to give her relief from these symptoms. Here are some things that you can try to ease her congestion. You will also want to rule out whooping cough if your daughter has any of the symptoms listed in the above link. Please let us know how she is doing!

Best wishes,

Helpful Tips

HELP! Naps and Dicipline in 5yos
I have a 5 year old daughter as well as an almost 5 month old daughter. My oldest daughter lives with her father but i get her every ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 17 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.