Skip to content
Am hour before bed 3 month cried cries cries
brebby17 posted:
My grand daughter who is 3 months old has cried For an hour since two months old before Going to bed at night. My daughter can calm Her a bit but basically she finally goes to Sleep being rocked and fed through exhaustion. Any tips Dr. Sara or any one. Thank you.

funtimesofpareting responded:
Hi
Has your daughter tried giving her gas drops? She may have a stomach ache? Does the baby straighten her legs while she is crying? I have heard that babies can sense the sun going down and they call it sundowner syndrome. They just grow out of it. My oldest daughter who is almost 6 was the same way. She would start at 6 every night and just scream. Nothing really made her happy unless I was carrying her on her stomach and pacing the house. It would last an hour and sometimes longer. Hope this helps!

brebby17 replied to funtimesofpareting's response:
Thank you....that is exactly what is happening. They will Just have to wait it out. Take care.

atxmom1985 responded:
Our daughter did the same thing for months when she was an infant. We called it the "witching hour" and it was really tough. We used the gas drops too, tried the 5 S's, along with anything else we could think of. Swaddling seemed to be the best help. Once she grew out of the swaddle we put her in a sleep sack, the zipadee zip and it was wonderful. I would say its mainly a phase that some babies go through and once it passes it will be like a distant memory, hang in there!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

anemia scare
my 16 month old daughter just got some blood work done and the results came back and showed she was anemic. We are very concerned, scared, ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.