Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My new born baby has rash for two days now
easonindiana posted:
we are very concern about this, we will have a pediatrician appointment in 5 days, do we need to go to doctor sooner? Please advise. thank you.

easonindiana responded:
Here is the picture, baby is less than 1 month old.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B92aeuqhaIBGS3lrWDNnd1BmZ1U/edit?usp=sharing

atti_editor responded:
This article explains some rashes and other skin conditions that newborns can get. There is a section on blotchy looking rashes, which seems to be closest to the photo you provided. Rashes are very common in newborns and most are nothing to worry about and go away in a few days or weeks, but it is always a good idea to have your baby's rash looked at by a medical professional.

Does your baby have any other symptoms? Fever, itching, etc?

easonindiana replied to atti_editor's response:
Thank you. we will have a Monday appointment to check out, the rash seems to be worst just after shower, probably because of the hot water.

atti_editor replied to easonindiana's response:
How did the appointment go?

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

anemia scare
my 16 month old daughter just got some blood work done and the results came back and showed she was anemic. We are very concerned, scared, ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.