Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
19 months old babay not sleeping through the night
mayu3 posted:
My 19-month daughter hasn't been a good sleeper but it is getting worse. She wakes up average twice a night. She goes back to sleep easier at the first cry but the second one usually requires me to sleep with her at least until she fell asleep again. Also, I've noticed she wakes up to see if my husbund or I am around. If sees him or me, she goes back to sleep.

Her sleep schedule is fairly consistent. She goes to bed at 8:30pm and wake up around 6:15 am. Nap at her daycare for 11:30am - 2pm. She eats well and play well. She goes to her bed by herself and when she lays down on her bed I read her a book or sing a song for her to fell asleep.

Her daycare teachers tell me she is doing fine (just sometimes show tiredness but it could be also because she plays hard). Her height and weight are average and she shows interest to many things.
Should I worry about her interrupted sleeping pattern?

It has been a month since she started waking up twice a night and I greatly appreciate if anyone has any tips or advise for me to try.
Thank you.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

anemia scare
my 16 month old daughter just got some blood work done and the results came back and showed she was anemic. We are very concerned, scared, ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.