Skip to content
OVERACTIVE NEWBORNS AND CALORIE INTAKE
lisanicole84 posted:
Our newborn was holding his head up the day he was born, and was able to roll over on his back within the first week and rolls over frequently. He doesn't sit still when I try to breastfeed him, and will kick and push himself away after multiple attempts to latch. once he latches, he falls asleep. this happens nearly every time we try feeding. He also lost 15 % of his body weight in leaving the hospital. I'm told by lactation I'm doing nothing wrong-but he is not getting enough from me. Is this because he will not sit still when we try breastfeeding? Or also that he moves so much he burns more calories than the typical newborn? I'm glad he is active and strong but feel he may require more attention and more calories.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

The What, When, How, and Why of Babies Sleeping Through the NightExpert
I absolutely love the discussions in this newborn community! I have noticed lots of discussions lately about sleep issues in babies that ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.