Skip to content
moose and small baby!
wxbuny posted:
So today we had an appointment about 40 minutes from my house and on the way I almost hit a MOOSE!! Crazy! I had another driver tailgating and thank God I was doing the 35 MPH speed limit. The moose ran across from my left and crossed about 5 feet in front of my stopped car. He then couldn't decide wether to cross back again or go another way. SOOO crazy it took my heart about 5 minutes to slow down!

We had Gabriel measured and he is so small. I knew it but I guess having the nurse tell me he dropped percentiles made it more real. I don't think he is too skinny, he has nice chubby cheeks and pudgy thighs but is in less then the 3rd %. Do any of you have small children?

daisy729 responded:
Good Lord, that is scary! Moose are huge too, geeze! I'm glad you and LO are ok tho :)

I can't relate on a small baby tho, Dane has always been off the charts, only on the other end. Trust me, they give you a hard time when they are off the other end too.

jlcohen78 responded:
A moose?! Glad you mised it!

Both of my DC are small. Below 3%. And always have been. DD had a weight check last week and was a whole 20lbs 2oz at 19 1/2 months. DS is probably around 25lbs and will be 3 in June. Good things come in small packages, lol! The plus side is that they get really good use out of their clothing. DS still fits into most of the clothes we bought him last summer, lol!

wxbuny replied to jlcohen78's response:
I hope he is just small. It's a little concerning for me since my DD was in the 95% until 6 months and then in the 50% since. He hits all his milestones on time or early so i am really not worried about that, I just don't understand why he is so small. We are seeing the pedi on Fri so I will ask her.

KatieS83 responded:
my little guy started out in the 75% percentile for weight and height, hes now 95% for height (33 inches) but barely on the charts for weight, he weighed in at 23lbs 6oz last week. His Pedi said as long as he doesnt look emaciated (starved) not to worry about it. My little guy is a bean, but hes solid as a rock.

bella0715 responded:
Yikes on the moose!

DS has always been quite small as well. When he was born I think he was in the 50% but has continually dropped to the 10% and now might be even lower. My pedi said he has been on the same growth curve the whole time so she was not concerned at all. I wouldn't worry...and DS also carried most of his weight in his cheeks :) sooo cute!

MontanaMama2009 responded:
Are you crapping joshing me?????? A moose???

We have them here in MT near where I live, but I've never gotten close enough to HIT one!!!

BTW, what are you doing up this late? Shouldn't you be in bed?

wxbuny replied to MontanaMama2009's response:
OMG I am really laughing out loud! Shame on you I almost woke my babies laughing! I am staying up for my one indulgence, law and order SVU, lol! Yes the moose really ran in front of me and yes I nearly crapped my pants!!!! BTW my DH's name is Josh!

MontanaMama2009 replied to wxbuny's response:
Get enough sleep last night???? Or did your Law and Order SVU give you bad dreams?

I totally love that show, too. But unfortunately, I can never watch it. My kids (even my 15yod) have total nightmares if they catch a glimpse of it. (sigh)

wxbuny replied to MontanaMama2009's response:
I know i can't watch it around my babies. I am glad it's on at 10 pm here. I did get enough sleep thanks! I had to give Gabriel some motrin because he was screaming in pain from teething last night. So he slept from 7 until 11 (when I got up to nurse him) until 4 (nursed him) and then Dh got up with him and DD until ready for this one.........9:30!! I think it's the most I have slept in in forever! I am still in my Pj's sipping on coffee right now! lol

Oh and I am totally in love with Elliot Stabler, that's why I like it so much!! yum!

MontanaMama2009 replied to wxbuny's response:
I'm totally jealous of your jammies and coffee and sleeping in late morning.

I don't want to work today.

I want to play in the sunshine with my LO and focus on getting my new blog up and running, LOL

sbgldngrl replied to wxbuny's response:
my son is on the lower percentiles. at 3 he is around 28lbs and 37/38in tall. We havent done the 3yr checkup yet so i dont know what percentile/BMI that puts him at? he has always been long and lean though so the doctor isnt worried. My husband and I are long and lean too. Im 5'8" and around 120 so i dont expect him to be chubby. BUT my 11mo old daughter is short and chubby. she is around 20lbs already. such a difference.

katieb426 responded:
Yes, my kids are all "peanuts". My 5 1/2 year old is now tipping the scales at 33 lbs (soaking wet). I always ask the doc if we should be worried and he always reassures me. Owen is an active, happy, smart "little" guy. He's really short too.

Ella (almost 7) and Connor (almost 4) are also small,, but usually hit somewhere around the 25%tile for height and weight.

Lilly (20 months) weighed 20lbs 12oz at her 18 month appointment and I have no idea how much she weighs today. She's pretty average in length, though. I'm totally over it now with all my kids. They are small and that's that.

daisy729 responded:
I have to admit, I'm kinda jealous of you ladies with little babies.

Dane is such a big guy for his age. Not only do I go through clothes before there is any wear on them, but he just seems like he's growing up so fast! He's 16 months and outgrowing his 24 month clothes now. Sheesh.

Plus, snuggling up with Dane is like snuggling with a 2 or 3 year old. I miss my lil man. If I had known he was going to be so big so young, I would have cherished those moments he was little, a tad big longer.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I'm Beth (25). I have an 8 month old daughter named Olivia and I came to this board to learn more about living a healthier greener lifestyle. ...More

Helpful Tips

How Has Your Marriage Changed?
I'm a veteran mommy...been doing it for 15 years now. But I have a few newbie mommy friends who struggle with how their marriage has ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.