Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How many children would you have...?
mommyof12b2 posted:
How many children would you have if you had no concerns at all? I would love to have three children but I cannot affors it and I hate being pregnant. But I would like for my DD to have a playmate closer in age than my DS.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

MontanaMama2009 responded:
Exactly what I had: 3.

Maybe someday I'll be a foster parent...but for now, life is too hectic with my 3.

ariannasmommy1125 responded:
Probably 4 or 5. I only have one now, but we are TTC #2 and plan on one more so I think three will be our number

stephs_3_kidz responded:
I have 4 and I'm D-O-N-E.

If I had no concerns at all..?

I still wouldn't have any more. Four kids is a HUGE responsibility and for me, personally, having any more children would be unfair to the ones I already have bc most days I feel like I'm not even doing them justice. KWIM?

jlcohen78 responded:
No concerns? Probably a small army. :)

cheeezie25 responded:
I would probably have two biological children... I have no desire to have a large family, but I guess two just seems like a good number.

I only have one now, but I am not sure whether I will ever want to actively try to have a second because a) I feel really broke with one as it is b) I really need to (and want to) go back to school to get a masters degree and I don't want anything else to get in my way of making that happen c) I will likely have to go on bedrest at some point during my pregnancy, which I dread both physically and financially, and d) I am terrified of having another early birth, especially one at an earlier gestational age than when my DS was born.

I mean, if I get pregnant with #2 at some point, I would be really happy about it given that none of my fears about having #2 are absolute dealbreakers and probably more than one are somewhat unwarranted, but I just don't see myself actively TTC to get the job done, KWIM?

roni090909 responded:
Either 2 or 3. I know I will have two now but we are undecided on the 3rd. I guess we just need to see how everything goes with #2.

roni090909 replied to cheeezie25's response:
How many weeks was your DS when he was born?

TyPatrick08 replied to cheeezie25's response:
Well i would like three kids....... DF only wants two kids

So I guess it is two kids and maybe a third will squeeze in an OOOPPPS!

daisy729 responded:
If I had no concerns?

Uhm, 5 or 6? But, that will never happen. I'm too old to start that. I hated being pregnant. House isn't big enough. Don't make enough money. Etc etc.

Realistically, 2. And I'm terrified to even think about TTC for #2. But, I do believe it will be better for Dane to have a sibling. They will appreciate it when they are older and DH and I are long gone. It's nice to have family.

cheeezie25 replied to roni090909's response:
He was born at 33 1/2 weeks. I had a pretty normal pregnancy, but I started feeling sick one day and my water just randomly broke that night! It may have just been a random thing or some kind of sickness that caused me to rupture early, but it probably more likely that it was due to some cervical weakness from a past LEEP, which means that it could very well happen again.

DS is doing really well now, but it was hard in the beginning with him being in the NICU for three weeks, dealing with different issues and not really knowing if he would do ok in the long run. Most 33 weekers do fine, but you never know, KWIM?

KCAimee responded:
No concerns? Probably 4. But that would mean staying at home.

We will start TTC #3 at the end of this year and that will be it. 3 seems like a perfect number for our current situation (however we do plan to adopt later on...)

Jackie03291 responded:
Honestly, I think that I am just a one and done girl. For some reason I just don't have that "itch" for anymore. That may change, but but I really don't see that. Right now we would be totally screwed financially if I got pregnant with #2, which is why I had an IUD put in and we practice other measures to prevent pregnancy as well, but like you said, even if that wasn't an issue, and money wouldn't be a problem, I just don't foresee wanting another. I would be overly stressed and I don't think that I would enjoy being a parent as much as I do now. I can't imagine having to split my attention with another child when my first already demands so much of me. Some of that would probably subside if she had someone else to pick on as her sibling got older, but still, I just for some reason don't have that inclination. Now my husband on the other hand wants a boy, but he is just going to have to survive with what we have!! :)

roni090909 replied to cheeezie25's response:
Its definitely scary. I'm glad he is doing good now.

My DS was in NICU for 5 hours and it freaked me out. LOL He was born on his due date but had breathing issues. I can't imagine 3 weeks.

simerlm responded:
I always said that I wanted 2 or 3 and I have three so I am a happy girl!

If there were no concerns, I "might" have more. It is hard for me to fantasize about that kind of thing.

Cheezie- I totally get you on the NICU experience. It scared the crap out of me! It was very hard. That took away any desire for me to have any more children. I don't know that I could do that again.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 30 years old from Albany, NY. DF and I are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl, Isabella. She was born on St Patty's Day, 2009! S...More

Helpful Tips

And They Slept Happily Ever After (By Johnson's)
I really liked this site. I forget sometimes that it would be SO relaxing to have a warm, soothing bath, then a calm, warming nighttime ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.