Skip to content
Wont eat (AGAIN)
KatieS83 posted:
For the last two days all i've been able to feed DS is breakfast. He refuses just about all other foods during the day, except his banana. He refuses dinner then thinks hes going to eat at 10pm, tonight i'm not doing it, i dont want to encourage the habit. I've given motrin on the thought its another tooth, still nothing. We're having enough issues keeping weight on him. This is really starting to aggravate me. All he does is cry in his seat, i've given him foods for meals that i know he likes and he's still turning his nose up to it. I thought it was his location, but he eats breakfast in his seat and hes fine. I dont understand this. I'm really starting to get burnt out with the food issues with him, the allergies, the picky eating the doctors coming down on me because hes not gaining weight, his skin not clearing up like it should, his allergist is being an idiot, he tells me to stop the one thing thats helping his skin, because its too drying on the skin (even though his skin hasnt looked this good since he was born). DH isnt helping anything at anytime, because hes just being a man! Sorry this kinda turned into a vent, its just been a really bad week.

MontanaMama2009 responded:
I'm sorry, Katie. That's a lot of issues to be dealing/struggling through, certainly.

As for DS's eating: Do you feed him or do you let him eat finger foods and practice using the spoon/fork himself? i've found that my dd won't eat unless she does it herself. She feels accomplished.

Also, have you thought about protein shakes in a sippy cup? Those will help. Or fruit shakes?

Is he strapped tightly into his seat? My dd prefers to sit on just a booster now. No more toddler safety seat with belt buckle and tray.

As for his allergies, what kind? Does he have eczema? Try just plain old sea salt baths, with all-natural lotion following.

As for DH not helping...well, that's something I struggle with, too. Some husband are GREAT helpmeets, some....not so much.

Anyway, I hope you are doing better today...hang in there.

KatieS83 replied to MontanaMama2009's response:
Hey Montana,

My DS has always been very independent, He prefers to feed himself, so i try to conform as much as i can. I very rarely have to sit and feed him (unless its something like applesauce and i'm not feeling the clean up after), he does prefer to sit in his seat unstrapped however we've had to start strapping him in because he stands up and tries to escape and the chairs we have sit almost 4ft off the floor so it wouldnt be a short fall if he were to. His allergies are Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts (tree nuts), he does break out in eczema, we use sea salt which is a blessing it has helped a lot, i just cant figure out why hes flaring up, i've taken him off of soy milk and switched him to Almond Milk (which was ok'd by the allergist months ago), he seems to like it, I'm kinda hoping it might be a sensitivity to Soy as a lot of other moms i've talked to have said that sometimes with this combination of allergies can also have a soy sensitivity.
We all hit that breaking point i think sometimes i totally hit mine yesterday, At least today i have DH doing dishes, and cleaning one of the rooms. Today knock on wood is better. :)

MontanaMama2009 replied to KatieS83's response:
Well, I'm glad you are having a better day :)

Sometimes, it's good to just vent it all out and move on...even if the issues don't go away, the stress of it all can lessen.

:) ;)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me, DH, three girls, two labs, one tabby cat, 20 guppies and a baby lop-eared bunny.

Helpful Tips

Natural Cleaning Products
VINEGAR: Mix 1 part water to 1 part vinegar. Works as a natural deodorizer AND disinfectant! Safe on most surfaces and incredibly ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.