Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
She's Pulling Off Her Diapers now!
MontanaMama2009 posted:
(APO 18-24months board)

Ugh, so frustrating! It's warmer weather now, so sometimes I'll let Neathery run around with just her diaper on, but she almost always pulls the thing off and tosses it onto the floor and then runs around all excited because she's naked.

So what I've started to do is put her in training underwear, which she will keep on longer than her diaper. But she still wets through her training pants and onto the floor.

Totally frustrating!

So I'm wondering how I get her to keep on her diaper (cloth diaper, BTW, with Velcro covers) in these warmer temps?

I'm trying to think back to my older two girls and can't for the life of me remember them going through this silly phase...

KCAimee responded:
Oh no! If Hayden is going to just have a diaper on I put her in a diaper that has snaps. She is unable to get the snaps off for some reason but she will pull the velcro off and come to me and say "uh oh"

jlcohen78 responded:
Do you use Snappi's or pins???? DD can get the cover off but she can't pull the snappi off of her prefold.....yet!

mtnwolf responded:
LOL, my first thought was duct tape!!! I've actually heard of someone doing this too! You could also try putting it on backwards! Or put panties on over the diaper. (I do this with LO when she wears a dress without the little panties that come with it.)

MontanaMama2009 responded:
Duct tape! Too funny!

I actually thought of using regular pins to hold on the diaper...although she'd still be able to take off the cover.

And yes, last night, my 10 yo dd put on Neathery a pair of her underwear to try to keep Nettie from taking off her diaper.

Ugh...guess it's time to fully potty train.

stephs_3_kidz replied to MontanaMama2009's response:
DD1 used to yank her diaper off and sling poopy balls in the process.

We did use duct tape, occasionally packing tape if we were out. :D

Then she figured out she could sit in the floor, pull the elastic away from her crotch, dig out the poopy, and get rid of it that way.

I cannot TELL you how many times I walked in her room and caught her hiding the little balls of poop under her toddler bed. Ugh. SO gross. And she was only a year old!! But she had a 'method'. LOL

What I eventually figured out was to put her in overalls during the day. A onesie and overalls. She couldn't undo the snaps at the top.

MontanaMama2009 replied to stephs_3_kidz's response:
That's hilarious! I"m sorry you had to struggle through that. I'm thinking, "Great Balls of Poop" instead of Great Balls of Fire, LOL.

I would keep her Onesie on her except it's so stinking HOT lately, and she sweats so bad.

KCAimee replied to stephs_3_kidz's response:
Okay, I'm sorry but that is hilarious! She hid the poop balls under her bed? LOL!

daisy729 replied to stephs_3_kidz's response:
EW, poop balls! Honestly, the things kids think of :)

I had a friend who used duct tape as well. Her boy kept pulling his diaper off and peeing everwhere.

stephs_3_kidz replied to KCAimee's response:
I swear it's a good thing I had a carpet shampooer. I cleaned her carpet at least on a daily basis. And I sprayed Lysol ALL over it.

SO, SO nasty. Blech.

LOL

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me, DH, three girls, two labs, one tabby cat, 20 guppies and a baby lop-eared bunny.

Helpful Tips

Natural Cleaning Products
VINEGAR: Mix 1 part water to 1 part vinegar. Works as a natural deodorizer AND disinfectant! Safe on most surfaces and incredibly ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.