Skip to content
I am really trying...
kristinrayerootes posted:
I got most of my garden planted over the weekend and found a bunch of slugs when I took back some of the landscaping brick that serves as the boarder. I got out my salt shaker and killed probably 100 of the buggers around the whole outside. The problem is that you can't really use salt in the garden because it will kill the plants. I am going to use egg shells next because I read that will kill them when they crawl over them. I am just really hoping these non-chemical methods works because I don't want to resort to using chemicals, but I do need to not lose my crop! Has anybody successfully used these methods before?

MontanaMama2009 responded:
Budweiser is supposed to work...seriously!

http://www.gardenguides.com/833-non-toxic-slug-control-garden-pest-tip.html

daisy729 responded:
Check out this site too, it has quite a few natural 'remedies' to getting rid of slugs

http://www.eartheasy.com/grow_nat_slug_cntrl.htm

My mom did the beer traps, it worked really well!

You might need to do a few things, like lava rock around the edges of your garden, diatomaceous earth around your plants and then beer traps around the garden as well.

We had a huge problem with them when I lived in Illinois, they are SO gross. Gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about them again.

bella0715 responded:
If you have grow boxes or some way to secure it, I've heard that copper wire or maybe something a little thicker you can put all around the plants and the slugs can't crawl over it because it burns them. Hope that helps! It's so frustrating when you do all that work and those lil buggers ruin it!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My Name is Aubrey, I just had my first child, Bradley James, on 11/13/2010. I am 21 years old, not married, but I've been with Bradleys father for...More

Helpful Tips

Natural Cleaning Products
VINEGAR: Mix 1 part water to 1 part vinegar. Works as a natural deodorizer AND disinfectant! Safe on most surfaces and incredibly ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 35 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.