Skip to content
All-Natural Powdered Laundry Soap
MontanaMama2009 posted:
(APO my blog.)

I finally did it! I made my own all-natural laundry powder.

Ingredients:

1 bar soap
1/2 C. borax
1/2 C. baking soda
grater
resealable container.

Directions:
Grate bar of soap into container.
Pour in borax and baking soda.
Mix well.
Use 1 T. for small/lightly soiled loads and 2 T. for large/heavily soiled loads.

This recipe is taken from www.ecofriendlydaily.com/home/eco-friendly-laundry/

I've already tried out this homemade powdered detergent. It smells great, and the clothes are perfectly clean! Hint: This powder does NOT form bubbles, but still cleans well. For all-natural fabric softener, I used 1 C. vinegar in the rinse cycle. Not quite as soft as my Downy fabric softener, but no static.

Borax is about $3 a box. It's nature's original laundry and cleaning solution straight from NATURE for over 115 years! Great on baby clothes, laundry stains (tomato sauce, oil/grease, grass and ground-in-dirt), toilet bowls, garbage disposals/drains, delicate loads of laundry, hard water conditioning, carpets and rug cleaning, and to boost the cleaning power of your dishwasher. Use Borax to clean your tile/grout, sinks, pots & pans (aluminum and porcelain), cleaning refrigerators/ovens/microwaves, fine china, stainless steel, diaper/garbage pails, mattress odors, outdoor furniture.

To learn more about additional uses of Borax, visit www.20muleteamlaundry.com

KCAimee responded:
Great job Kim! You can also add scent to your detergent. I'm sure the detergent I'm using from Crunchy Clean or Rockin Green is about the same as this stuff. I've used it the last 6 loads and I really like it too. It doesn't leave a "sheen" on the clothes like I feel the Tide or Gain does. I'm going to give it a shot. I'm proud of you. That's awesome!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 30 years old from Albany, NY. DF and I are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl, Isabella. She was born on St Patty's Day, 2009! S...More

Helpful Tips

Natural Cleaning Products
VINEGAR: Mix 1 part water to 1 part vinegar. Works as a natural deodorizer AND disinfectant! Safe on most surfaces and incredibly ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 35 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.