Skip to content
Make Your Own Textured Counting Book
FirstPrevious12NextLast

ariannasmommy1125 responded:
That is awesome!

RunninMama responded:
That's a neat website! I bookmarked it for future reference.

I made a number counting book for DS, but it's a bit different. I used cardboard cutouts shaped like a car that I got at the craft store in the dollar bin (5 for a buck!) and Disney Cars stickers that were included with a coloring book DS got for Christmas. One side of each car has the numbers and stickers to correspond; on the other side I wrote the numbers again and colored large dots. I used a ring clasp to hold it together. It's really cute. I carry it in my diaper bag and give it to him during shopping trips or doctor office visits. He loves it.

simerlm responded:
That is adorable! I want to do it right now! LOL

MontanaMama2009 replied to RunninMama's response:
Can you post a photo?

RunninMama replied to MontanaMama2009's response:
Sure, if you tell me how!!

Can I just copy/paste from my private stash on my computer? I'm not on Photobucket or anything like that. Do I need to be?

How I add a photo:

I right click on the photo, copy, and paste into the body of the post.

OR...

I upload the photo to photobucket and then add it from there.

mommyof12b2 responded:
Kim,
I love this site. I have been on it all morning printing out recipes fun craft ideas and experiments. I can't wait to do the celery experiment with my son!
As always u rock!

MontanaMama2009 replied to mommyof12b2's response:
Thanks very moooooch.

Okay, I tried the copy and paste method, and it didn't seem to work. I'm going to go create a photobucket account and try again. Stand by...
Lisa, Mama to Owen- 11-12-08.

RunninMama replied to RunninMama's response:
Going to try again...

Disney/Pixar Cars side:
(numbers 1-5)
Dots side:
The shape cards were 5/$1 at Michael's, and it came with the ring connector. I have other sets (different shapes) that I plan to use to make sight words, color cards, etc. Oh, and even though the stickers were, well, sticky, I still glued them to make sure they never fall off.
Me, DH of 13 years, Mama to Owen- 11-12-08.

Those are Too cute!!!

Maybe Ben Franklin's will have something like that?
Me, DH of 16 years, DD1 (15yo), DD2 (10yo), DD3 (nearly 2), a labrador, a tabby cat, a lop-eared bunny, and goldfish! Life is grand! http://daisyheadmamas.blogspot.com/

I bet they would. I haven't been to a Ben Franklin's in a long time (none around here) but I remember them being awesome craft stores!
Me, DH of 13 years, Mama to Owen- 11-12-08.

sarahann1978 replied to RunninMama's response:
Those are great, I wonder if you put decoupage on them if it would help seal in the stickers and protect the card stock too.

Now I want to go to a craft store to look for some, they would also make a great gift!
Sarah (31), DH(29), DS (Jan. 09) sarahaburger.blogspot.com

MontanaMama2009 replied to sarahann1978's response:
Ooooo! Ooooooo! Decoupage!

I would LOVE to decoupage some local flowers for Nettie's counting book! Can I do that?
Me, DH of 16 years, DD1 (15yo), DD2 (10yo), DD3 (nearly 2), a labrador, a tabby cat, a lop-eared bunny, and goldfish! Life is grand! http://daisyheadmamas.blogspot.com/

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am 34 years old, i am married for the second time and have my one and only child lucas,who is 2 years old.dh has 3 teenagers from his previous marri...More

Helpful Tips

Natural Cleaning Products
VINEGAR: Mix 1 part water to 1 part vinegar. Works as a natural deodorizer AND disinfectant! Safe on most surfaces and incredibly ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 35 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.