Skip to content
My Blog -- your input
MontanaMama2009 posted:
so I'm crazy fanatic about this now. It consumes me nearly as much as this Nourishing Mothers board, LOL.

Thank goodness we've been slow at work. (Where's the embarrassed symbol?)

Anyhow, tell me truthfully (but gently):

1. Have you ever been to my blog?

2. Do you go to it regularly?

3. Do you find it helpful?

4. What would you do to increase awareness or performance of the blog?

5. How would you improve it?

http://daisyheadmamas.blogspot.com/

Remember, be gentle and kind. Thanks.

P.S. The reason I'm asking is because I don't want to sail in a sinking ship...kwim?

roni090909 responded:
I like your blog. Personally I won't do some of the stuff that you do but I do find it very interesting to read about all these thing that I never would have thought of. I guess I probably look at it a couple times a week, when I look at the news feed in DS's blog.

You might have posted this on there, I haven't looked at it in a couple days. But I would like to see some updates. I know you are trying alot of new things right now and I would love to know how they are working out for you and what your kids/husband think of some of the things.

MontanaMama2009 replied to roni090909's response:
Thanks, Roni!

And yes, I just gave an update on my going shampoo-less blog!

as for the mama cloth...well, I'm still the only one using it, and I love it. My 15yod wants to order some for herself for when she starts cycling. So she's game.

as for the family cloth, my 10yod and I are the only ones to use it as of yet. We just made them on Sunday. But an update on my 15yod's reaction would be good! She HATES the idea. Refuses to do so.

As for my DH? He's on board with it all. :)

sarahann1978 responded:
1. Yes I follow you
2. Yes, I check my blogs every couple of days
3. I have enjoyed your posts, it is thought provoking
4. I find that by going to other blogs and participating in their blog events it gets my blog out more and gain followers. I think talking about it here is also great.
5. I really like to read personal blogs. I'm not as into the FYI ones, but if you have a good personal story I really enjoy it.

I hope you stick with it!

sarahann1978 replied to sarahann1978's response:
The other thing I would include is that I find blogging to be relaxing for myself. Even if no one followed me, it's just fun to get my thoughts down, and it's nice to get a positive comment here and there!

You already have quite a few followers for the short amount of time that you have been blogging. I have been blogging since last September and barely have a couple more followers than you.

stephs_3_kidz responded:
  1. Yes, I have been to your blog.
  2. Yes, I go regularly.
  3. I find it helpful/informative, even if I don't do all the things you've implemented.
  4. ummm..I don't know. I don't have any blogging experience!
  5. I would make it more personal, like a pp said. I would love to hear your family's reactions to everything you're trying, and love to hear stories just about your day-to-day life as a busy mom with 3 kids as well as your crunchie aspirations. :)

cheeezie25 responded:
I had a thought... if you are interested in getting more traffic to your blog, you may want to limit the number of crossover entries you post in your blog and on the board. People who frequent the board then would have no reason to visit your actual blog, given that nearly everything you write on you blog can also be seen here, which is one less finger click they have to make. You may not think one mouse click is a big deal, but in terms of marketing, it is, because people are lazy and don't want to do anything more than what they absolutely must to access what they want to see on the internet. You could still do crossover entries that are more question oriented, or explain some new thing (like those cute number books) that you found or are interested in to generate interest in your blog, but it is probably best to limit the more personal posts (which, it appears, is what most of your followers really want to read) to the blog itself. Just put the link in your signature (which I've heard we have now) so people can easily access it if they choose. HTH

MontanaMama2009 replied to cheeezie25's response:
Good advice....
Me, DH of 16 years, DD1 (15yo), DD2 (10yo), DD3 (nearly 2), a labrador, a tabby cat, a lop-eared bunny, and goldfish! Life is grand!

RunninMama responded:
I have been to your blog, and I like it. I find it inspiring. I really feel good about the choices I've made over the years to be greener, because I now see others doing the same. (Before DH and I were the only ones in a sea of non-greenies who would poke fun at us at times. I let the comments roll off my back now.) You gave me some great ideas (and courage to make the changes) that have really helped my family.

I admit I don't go regularly (for me that means daily) because I see your updates here. If you just put a post here saying you updated your blog, I'd be sure to head over to read it there.

I don't know how to help you increase awareness, because I'm not a blogger myself and don't know the ins and outs of the blogging world. But I think the content is great, and I like that you are offering links to lots of other sites that give more information if I want to research something further.
Me, DH of 13 years, Mama to Owen- 11-12-08.

RunninMama responded:
Ugh! I always think of something as soon as I hit the submit button!

To increase traffic, you could search for other blogs similar to yours, post comments to their entries, and include your blog address. That way not only will the blog authors check you out, but so will the followers of that blog. HTH
Me, DH of 13 years, Mama to Owen- 11-12-08.

mtnwolf responded:
yes, yes, yes, #4 not sure besides word of mouth, No suggestions at this time besides me figuring out how to post on it!

I like the blog, although it does seem to contain a lot of stuff from this site, which is ok for those who don't go to both. (Or me who has posting issues on the blog) It just seems that you have a lot to do posting stuff and maintaining both sites - even though you can cut and paste.

MontanaMama2009 replied to mtnwolf's response:
Hi, Lisa! Thanks....
Me, DH of 16 years, DD1 (15yo), DD2 (10yo), DD3 (nearly 2), a labrador, a tabby cat, a lop-eared bunny, and goldfish! Life is grand! http://daisyheadmamas.blogspot.com/

Spotlight: Member Stories

Alicia-29 DH-28 DD-6-2-08 DS-11-08-09 We loosely follow attachment parenting and I love it! We live in southern Vermont where we are always outside pl...More

Helpful Tips

How Has Your Marriage Changed?
I'm a veteran mommy...been doing it for 15 years now. But I have a few newbie mommy friends who struggle with how their marriage has ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.