Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
A Mother's Love
MontanaMama2009 posted:
"Twenty-six people who remembered their mothers as treating them with warmth had reduced inflammatory profiles in their blood samples, compared to the other 27 who recollected less loving care from their moms, the researchers say.

"The researchers say in a news release that the findings could be important for promoting more loving, caring parental relationships as a means of boosting the health of people from low-income families."

http://www.webmd.com/parenting/news/20100518/moms-warmth-may-ward-off-offsprings-illness?src=RSS_PUBLIC

leftcoastgirl responded:
What a nice story! This makes me think of some people I know (my own father included) who say they never realized they were poor growing up until they became adults. Money was tight, but their parents gave them everything they needed.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Living in the desert with a husband, a toddler, and a black lab.

Helpful Tips

And They Slept Happily Ever After (By Johnson's)
I really liked this site. I forget sometimes that it would be SO relaxing to have a warm, soothing bath, then a calm, warming nighttime ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.