Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Member formerly known as...
Jen_FLMom posted:
chrisandjen0717. I am not comfortable at all with the new features linking WebMD to FB and Twitter so I changed names to one not associated with either mine or DH's FB accounts for privacy reasons. Juat wanted to let y'all know so you don't think I'm a stranger! :)

stephs_3_kidz responded:
What is up with all that anyway?

Jen_FLMom replied to stephs_3_kidz's response:
I don't know...I guess having a safe place to share things that we don't want all over FB and Twitter like BFP's or vents or questions was too much to ask...

stephs_3_kidz replied to Jen_FLMom's response:
I totally agree. The save haven is gone! lol

MontanaMama2009 responded:
Well, now I won't post about:

My sisters
My parents
My friends
My DH
My children
My job
Anything personal

Because it could end up on FB!

cheeezie25 responded:
Just so you know, anything that is on the internet (including this board) has always been easily linkable to Facebook, Twitter, etc.! I have learned my lesson to never post anything too personal, or at least anything that I would feel uncomfortable with people who exist in my real life reading.

When I first started posting on the preggo boards, I once posted a vent about a friend, which I will not go into... well, said friend was apparently snooped me out on the boards, and that post translated into a 4 hour long estrogen-filled phone conversation which still gets brought up to this day on occasion, eieieieieie!

But yeah, no matter what your name is, if people want to, they can figure out who you are. I don't mean to scare you or anything, especially seeing as how I've never really seen you post anything that could ever come back to bite you in the you-know-where in terms of your RL situation, but it is just good to be aware of those things!

Jen_FLMom replied to cheeezie25's response:
No, I know that Cheezie but DH works in law enforcement and I work in a closely related field. For those reasons we try to be especially diligent in maintaining our privacy and doing what we can to limit access to our personal information as much as possible.

mamatobe08 responded:
Yeah that's annoying that it's even easier for it to show up on FB! And is anyone else's text box not showing the far right side? Lol I just noticed while typing this.

leftcoastgirl responded:
I'm not a fan of the new FB / Twitter options either. Obviously, nothing you put on an online is truly private, but having the button RIGHT THERE next to each post just kind of worries me. It's like the internet equivalent of moving from a nice, quiet house far from a main road to one that sits right next to a major freeway. It's just TOO CLOSE for my taste. I doubt much good would come from sharing conversations on FB anyway. Seems like it would mostly be used for the wrong reasons in the heat of a message board argument.

jlc78 replied to leftcoastgirl's response:
Looks like they actually listened to some of our complaints.....Look above at the message titled 'Share Featured Removed from Community.'

Yay!
Me (31) DH (32) and our 2 beautiful babes DS (6/07) and DD (9/08)

Jen_FLMom replied to jlc78's response:
Wow. To quote DD quoting Winnie the Pooh, "Hooray!"

Maybe next time "they" will consider getting member's opinions and allow them to voice concerns over possible major changes BEFORE actually doing it...

simerlm replied to Jen_FLMom's response:
Yay!!!!!!! I'm so glad that they took it off!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 30 years old from Albany, NY. DF and I are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl, Isabella. She was born on St Patty's Day, 2009! S...More

Helpful Tips

And They Slept Happily Ever After (By Johnson's)
I really liked this site. I forget sometimes that it would be SO relaxing to have a warm, soothing bath, then a calm, warming nighttime ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.