Skip to content
Fun Poll:
MontanaMama2009 posted:
I'm antsy, although I have work to do. So I'll post a poll.

1. If you were wearing a "mood" ring at the moment, what color would it be?
MOOD RING COLOR MEANING CHART

BLACK
TENSE,
NERVOUS,
HASSRASSED,
OVER WORKED

GRAY
ANXIETIES,
NERVOUS,
STRAINED,

AMBER
NERVOUS,
EMOTIONS
MIXED,
UNSETTLED,
COOL

GREEN
AVERAGE
READING,
ACTIVE,
NOT UNDER
GREAT STRESS

BLUE-GREEN
INNER
EMOTIONS
CHARGED,
SOMEWHAT
RELAXED

BLUE
RELAXED,
AT EASE,
CALM,
LOVABLE

DR BLUE
VERY HAPPY,
LOVE,
PASSION,
ROMANCE

2. What's the local weather?

3. What would you change about your attire today?

4. Are you looking forward to the upcoming Memorial Day Weekend?

5. When your LO has his/her next birthday, how old will he/she be, and what will the party them be?

6. If you could toss one item that belongs to your DH/SO with NO repercussions, what would it be?

7. If you could go away on a 2-week vacation, where would you go?

8. If you could remodel one room in your home, which room and what would you do?

9. If you could change careers, what would you do?

10. If you could start up a craft/hobby, what would it be?

11. Can you sing?

12. What's your favorite TV sitcom or series right now?

13. What's your favorite quote or saying?

Me, DH of 16 years, DD1 (15yo), DD2 (10yo), DD3 (nearly 2), a labrador, a tabby cat, a lop-eared bunny, and goldfish!  Life is grand!  http://daisyheadmamas.blogspot.com/
FirstPrevious12NextLast

MontanaMama2009 responded:
1. If you were wearing a "mood" ring at the moment, what color would it be? Amber...or green.

2. What's the local weather? Rainy and 50s.

3. What would you change about your attire today? I'm comfortable, so nothing.

4. Are you looking forward to the upcoming Memorial Day Weekend? You betcha. Nothing planned, but I have a paid holiday!

5. When your LO has his/her next birthday, how old will he/she be, and what will the party them be? I'll just do my youngest. She'll be 2. I think we'll have her party at a local toddler playground, and the invites will read something like: "No gifts, please. If you feel you would like to bring a gift, please recycle something from your home, or something from a second-hand store."

6. If you could toss one item that belongs to your DH/SO with NO repercussions, what would it be? The BOXES of college books and clothing from that same era.

7. If you could go away on a 2-week vacation, where would you go? The Redwood Forests of the West.

8. If you could remodel one room in your home, which room and what would you do? Upstairs bath. Beige tile floor, beige wainscot, flowered wallpaper (antique), and antique tub and sink.

9. If you could change careers, what would you do? Some days I want to be a SAHM.

10. If you could start up a craft/hobby, what would it be? Sew some cloth diapers, mama cloth, toddler training pants, folk purses...

11. Can you sing? Nope.

12. What's your favorite TV sitcom or series right now? Oh, maybe Modern Family.

13. What's your favorite quote or saying? To the World you might be one person, but to one person, you might be the world. Or scripture.
Me, DH of 16 years, DD1 (15yo), DD2 (10yo), DD3 (nearly 2), a labrador, a tabby cat, a lop-eared bunny, and goldfish! Life is grand! http://daisyheadmamas.blogspot.com/

leftcoastgirl responded:
1. If you were wearing a "mood" ring at the moment, what color would it be?
At the present moment I'd probably go with green.

Chilly and rainy

I'd put on a shirt with long sleeves instead of the short sleeves I have. I didn't realize it would be so cool today.

YES! I've had to work at least one day per weekend over the past five weekends. I am SO happy to have three days off!

5. When your LO has his/her next birthday, how old will he/she be, and what will the party them be?
She'll be two in June. We're planning to have a little party in our local park. Nothing big, probably just invite a few friends and their kids for pizzas and cupcakes.

6. If you could toss one item that belongs to your DH/SO with NO repercussions, what would it be?
His blackberry so that work wouldn't be able to contact him when he's at home.

Hawaii, for sure.

8. If you could remodel one room in your home, which room and what would you do?
Bathroom. I'd take out our current (tiny) tub and our shower stall and put in a bigger tub with a shower head included. Sadly, I don't think I'd ever want this bad enough to spend the money to remodel.

Hmm. Well, I've already changed careers twice in the 12 years I've been working post-college. And I started a new job in February that I really like. But I guess if I could have any job in the world, I'd go back to being a SAHM for a year or two.

I'd like to learn to speak Spanish. I've taken classes, but I'm still not very good.

11. Can you sing?
Not well.

Modern Family. DH and I crack up over Claire and Phil. I think we both identify with them.

"What I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me." It's a line from a Dave Matthews song. I'm a 34-year-old cliche!

magsnemma responded:

Windy and kind of cold for this time of year.

Eh, I'm at home working, so I'm lucky I got dressed at all.

Yes, I just wish I knew more people to have a BBQ!

DD will be 2. Balls, cars and babies? Or Dora, she likes Dora.

His dip and the ability to buy it.

Belize. I imagine one of those huts that overhangs the water.

Not a room, but I would get new carpet, I hate ours, it's gross.

Since graduating college, I've had several already. I made the change to my current career in 2007. Best decision I ever made. I've worked for a non-profit, a temp agency, a construction company, and two universities.

If I could start and be instantly good, I'd like to sew.

11. Can you sing?

My nightmare is having to sing karaoke in front of an audience, so no.

I'm a total Gleek.

I can't think of a good one, but I know which one I hate...It is what it is. Gets on my last nerve.

daisy729 responded:
1. If you were wearing a "mood" ring at the moment, what color would it be? I will go with Blue Green. Trying to figure out some programming syntax at work and it's making me brain hurty, but not stressed about it.

Mostly sunny, 90 right now. High supposed to be 98.

I'm in jean capri's, tshirt and flip flops, so I wouldn't change much.

I am, DH and I took Friday off, so we will have a 4 day weekend, yay! Not sure what we are doing, but we will at least be together, which is pretty rare.

He will be 2 on 12/31, so we have time to think. Right now, he's really into Mickey Mouse, he lights up when he sees him on TV. So, maybe that. But, things change constantly, so who knows by then!

OOOh, tough one...just ONE?? :) Actually, we did get rid of 1 thing that really creeped me out. I am terrified of birds (I know, I know) and we had an antique wooden bird cage. It was quite a conversation piece at the house, but I hated it. My parents went up north to Williams and went into a store and the woman there had one almost like it that she was trying to sell. My mom told her about ours and said she would keep it in her shop until she could sell it. So, it now sits in Williams, AZ waiting to be sold! But, not in my house anymore!

Ireland.

I have a brand new house, so I don't want to do much other than paint. But, maybe our bathroom, make it feel more spa like.

I would go into forensics. Love that stuff. Maybe even forensic anthropology.

Uhm, I really don't know? Maybe gardening.

11. Can you sing?
Yes, but not well. At all. Sometimes Dane even looks at me funny when I sing to him.

Criminal Minds.

Kim stole one of mine :) Lemme think of another...Children are apt to live up to what you believe of them (Lady Bird Johnson)

MontanaMama2009 replied to daisy729's response:
Not that I haven't read everybody's responses so far, but I just want to point out to Daisy that "I KNOW what you should be looking forward to doing this weekend," It's still on your homework list.

As for your fear of birds, did you watch Modern Family last week? Guy on the show has a total phobia of birds, too, and completely wrecked his home chasing one around.
Me, DH of 16 years, DD1 (15yo), DD2 (10yo), DD3 (nearly 2), a labrador, a tabby cat, a lop-eared bunny, and goldfish! Life is grand! http://daisyheadmamas.blogspot.com/

MontanaMama2009 replied to magsnemma's response:
mags,

I never thought of going in that direction with quotes/sayings. LOL

MontanaMama2009 replied to leftcoastgirl's response:
leftcoast,

I totally relate to Phil and Claire, too! LMBO!

magsnemma replied to MontanaMama2009's response:
Well I forgot to post that my mood ring would read blue-green, but maybe I'm vearing to the grey/black! :)

daisy729 replied to MontanaMama2009's response:
LOL, I've done my homework a few times :) Gotta clear the cobwebs, I am having my Mirena taken out in a few weeks...Y-I-K-E-S!!

I have seen the show a few times, but I missed that episode! I am not kidding, if DH was at work and there was a bird in my house, I would scoop Dane up, go to the park, call DH and tell him either to get his butt home and take care of it or have an officer swing by the house to help me out (he works for our town's PD). I would have a panic attack if there was a bird in my house.

Funny side...when I was REALLY pregnant with Dane and wanted to take a bath, I would text DH and tell him I was in the tub, if he didn't hear from me in 30 minutes, come home or send an officer to help me out of the tub...LOL

simerlm responded:
1. If you were wearing a "mood" ring at the moment, what color would it be? amber

2. What's the local weather? beautiful. 70s.

3. What would you change about your attire today? Everything. It would be at least a size smaller and stylish. LOL

4. Are you looking forward to the upcoming Memorial Day Weekend? Ummm...I guess so. We are busy with a birthday party handing out hotdogs at a parade.

5. When your LO has his/her next birthday, how old will he/she be, and what will the party them be? Aly will be 2. I have no idea about a theme or anything. I am in denial that my tiny baby is going to be two. LOL

6. If you could toss one item that belongs to your DH/SO with NO repercussions, what would it be? It would be the empty boxes of things he has bought. We can't throw away the boxes because what if we need them again? (sigh)

7. If you could go away on a 2-week vacation, where would you go? I would go to the ocean.

8. If you could remodel one room in your home, which room and what would you do? The master bedroom. I would add a bathroom attached to it, so then we would have two!

9. If you could change careers, what would you do? I am a SAHM, so I have no idea what else I would do. I haven't finished college, so I just don't know what I want to be.

10. If you could start up a craft/hobby, what would it be? scrapbooking

11. Can you sing? I can carry a tune...

12. What's your favorite TV sitcom or series right now? I have been watching Deadliest Catch on hulu. I have no idea why I like it.

13. What's your favorite quote or saying? I can't think of one right now. Sorry!

TyPatrick08 responded:
1. I would have a blue mood ring pretty relaxed (maybe it so early still)

2. What's the local weather? Its a little overcast right now but suppose to brighten up to the mid 70`s

3. What would you change about your attire today? I have solid ocean blue scrubs on and I normally wear a printed top so I would ahve a printed top on instead!

4. Are you looking forward to the upcoming Memorial Day Weekend? Yes, lots to do!!

5. When your LO has his/her next birthday, how old will he/she be, and what will the party theme be? He will be 2 y.o.
I think I am doing Ice Cream sunday party.. not sure

6. If you could toss one item that belongs to your DH/SO with NO repercussions, what would it be? his car LOL its a car he has been working on for umm 4 years and its a waste of money!!!! plus insurance on it grrr!!

7. If you could go away on a 2-week vacation, where would you go? I would go to turks and caicos (sp)

8. If you could remodel one room in your home, which room and what would you do? I rent so I could care less, the hosue is beautiful i would just put flowers outside everywhere.. but not my house

9. If you could change careers, what would you do? I am a medical assistan (in Nursing school) I would be a CRNP

10. If you could start up a craft/hobby, what would it be? Scrapbooking (my spare time)

11. Can you sing? To my self! Tyler likes when I sing!

12. What's your favorite TV sitcom or series right now? I love Tyler Perrys House of Payne it is so funny, but I have no time for TV

13. What's your favorite quote or saying? " Facts are the Enemy of the Truth! "

jlc78 responded:
1. If you were wearing a "mood" ring at the moment, what color would it be? Blue.

2. What's the local weather? sunny and looking to be the start of a nice spring day.

3. What would you change about your attire today? I would prefer to be barefoot. But I'm working this morning so it's not an option yet!

4. Are you looking forward to the upcoming Memorial Day Weekend? Yep. We have a family reunion to go to, strawberry picking and it's my wedding anniversary!

5. When your LO has his/her next birthday, how old will he/she be, and what will the party them be? DS will be 3 in 2 weeks. No idea on a theme yet. He still hasn't picked one, lol!

6. If you could toss one item that belongs to your DH/SO with NO repercussions, what would it be? His baseball stuff.

7. If you could go away on a 2-week vacation, where would you go? Somewhere tropical. Hawaii sounds good.

8. If you could remodel one room in your home, which room and what would you do? Kitchen. And it would be completely gutted.

9. If you could change careers, what would you do? I kind of like my part-time gig as a financial analyst.

10. If you could start up a craft/hobby, what would it be? Photography.

11. Can you sing? Nope.

12. What's your favorite TV sitcom or series right now? How I Met Your Mother.

13. What's your favorite quote or saying? Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow. For babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.
Me (31) DH (32) and our 2 beautiful babes DS (6/07) and DD (9/08)

jlc78 replied to leftcoastgirl's response:
LOVE your quote. Big DMB fan here!!!!
Me (31) DH (32) and our 2 beautiful babes DS (6/07) and DD (9/08)

ariannasmommy1125 responded:
1. If you were wearing a "mood" ring at the moment, what color would it be? Blue Green

2. What's the local weather? Sunny and around 80

3. What would you change about your attire today? Flip flops instead of dress shoes

4. Are you looking forward to the upcoming Memorial Day Weekend? Most of it.

5. When your LO has his/her next birthday, how old will he/she be, and what will the party them be? She will be 3 and I have no idea! We did Abby Caddaby when she turned 2 in March and had her party at a bounce house.

6. If you could toss one item that belongs to your DH/SO with NO repercussions, what would it be? Cigarettes!!!

7. If you could go away on a 2-week vacation, where would you go? Hawaii

8. If you could remodel one room in your home, which room and what would you do? Kitchen. I would make it bigger, give myself more counter & cabinet space and replace the counter tops and floor.

9. If you could change careers, what would you do? Professional Photographer and WAHM

10. If you could start up a craft/hobby, what would it be? Candle making. I have the stuff to do it, just not the time!

11. Can you sing? My DH says I can

I have a lot of favorites LOL. Supernatural, Glee & Fringe are probably my top 3

13. What's your favorite quote or saying? "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the Moon."

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am 34 years old, i am married for the second time and have my one and only child lucas,who is 2 years old.dh has 3 teenagers from his previous marri...More

Helpful Tips

How Has Your Marriage Changed?
I'm a veteran mommy...been doing it for 15 years now. But I have a few newbie mommy friends who struggle with how their marriage has ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.