Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
MontanaMama2009
Ryannbaby posted:
In regard to your poll - Just curious how you handle birthday gift giving for your older children?
I'm Ryann (30), DF Gabe (31).  Our beautiful DD - 14 months - Isabella Francesca Marie - Born on St Patty's Day 2009.  So in love with our little beauty!  

MontanaMama2009 responded:
You mean how do I buy gifts for them?

or how do others buy gifts for them?

or how do I buy gifts for their friends?
Me, DH of 16 years, DD1 (15yo), DD2 (10yo), DD3 (nearly 2), a labrador, a tabby cat, a lop-eared bunny, and goldfish! Life is grand! http://daisyheadmamas.blogspot.com/

Ryannbaby responded:
I mean for birthday parties. You said that you plan to request no gifts, recycled, or 2nd hand. I was just wondering if you do the same for your older children, or just the youngest since she really wouldn't undertand anyway?
I'm Ryann (30), DF Gabe (31). Our beautiful DD - 14 months - Isabella Francesca Marie - Born on St Patty's Day 2009. So in love with our little beauty!

MontanaMama2009 replied to Ryannbaby's response:
Oh, I see what you mean.

This is something new. She's too young to care and has too many things/toys/books/DVDs/stuffed animals/clothes, anyhow.

My older dds are used to getting gifts, but all of their friends know they prefer handmade or something under $10.

My oldest dd is into clothes right now, so she likes to get scarves, earrings, bracelets, or stuff like that. Some of her favorite gifts are those gift with purchases, like if her grandmother spent $35 at the Clinique counter, grandma (my MIL) would get a small makeup bag with lip gloss or eye shadow...and would then give the makeup bag with free stuff to my dd for her birthday.

My middle dd has a group of friends who like to make things, felt purses, hats out of old T-shirts, stuff like that.

When my older kids were younger, I'd hold a barbecue and potluck and say something like, "In lieu of gifts, please bring a dish to pass."

I'm not against gifts in any way, no. Just that my kids really don't need a durned thing.
Me, DH of 16 years, DD1 (15yo), DD2 (10yo), DD3 (nearly 2), a labrador, a tabby cat, a lop-eared bunny, and goldfish! Life is grand! http://daisyheadmamas.blogspot.com/

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me, DH, three girls, two labs, one tabby cat, 20 guppies and a baby lop-eared bunny.

Helpful Tips

How Has Your Marriage Changed?
I'm a veteran mommy...been doing it for 15 years now. But I have a few newbie mommy friends who struggle with how their marriage has ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.