Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
OT-getting paid to blog? APO 18 month
mamatobe08 posted:
I just started looking into this and it sounds sooo easy! I'm totally going to give it a whirl. Has anyone else tried it? There are tons of websites that you sign up at and advertisers go there to find new blogs to advertise on, and you can negotiate prices and stuff.

I'm going to start a new blog to do all this on. My plans are to write about potty training DS, being pregnant with a toddler, being a SAHM and trying to cut costs around the house, eventually having a newborn and a toddler, ECing a newborn, making my own baby food, etc. I am thinking to have a sense of humor while writing to help it appeal to more people. When I see a new idea for something that sounds cool(be it more eco-friendly, something new to try with the kids, etc) I can post about it.

Any other ideas out there for me while writing? DB wants me to find a job soon because his hours are being cut, and I really don't want to have to work while pregnant(or EVER!) so I'm trying to make Creative Memories work, along with whatever else I can do. So I'd appreciate ANY help.

And uh, any ideas for a blog name? I'm not so good with coming up with a name lol.

(Kim, you totally need to look into this too!)

MontanaMama2009 responded:
Well, I signed up for "AdSEnse" through my blog site, and anytime someone clicks on an ad, I get paid.

I've had my blog for a few weeks now, and nobody has clicked on a single ad, LOL.

Not that that's why I started my blog, but I just though, "Eh, why not?"

I wasn't aware of the negotiating thing...
Good luck on your blog! It sounds great!
Me, DH of 16 years, DD1 (15yo), DD2 (10yo), DD3 (nearly 2), a labrador, a tabby cat, a lop-eared bunny, and goldfish! Life is grand! http://daisyheadmamas.blogspot.com/

Jen_FLMom responded:
That sounds like a really good, simple way to make some extra money. I would totally look into that...if I thought I had anything interesting to say, LOL!

mamatobe08 responded:
Ok I came up with the idea "This Mama Needs". So then every day I can write about whatever, then at the end say "Today, this mama needs....(a drink, a nap, a vacation, etc). So it has some humor and some uniformity across all posts, you know?

In all honesty, does that sound good or bad? Obviously if I'm trying to make money off it, I want it to be interesting to read and catchy and whatever, so if you don't like it tell me please! I will take ANY ideas I can get.

I have always been good in my writing skills, so I guess this is just a way to (try) to get paid for doing what I enjoy and what I'm good at. I just hope I'm interesting enough for people to want to read it lol!

MontanaMama2009 replied to mamatobe08's response:
When your blog is up and running, let me know the site and I'll join!
Me, DH of 16 years, DD1 (15yo), DD2 (10yo), DD3 (nearly 2), a labrador, a tabby cat, a lop-eared bunny, and goldfish! Life is grand! http://daisyheadmamas.blogspot.com/

mamatobe08 replied to MontanaMama2009's response:
I started it. I'm still not sure if I like the name of it or not, but I can't come up with anything else that isn't already taken lol. It's http://thismamaneeds.blogspot.com

If anyone has ANY ideas to make it better, please let me know!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Alicia-29 DH-28 DD-6-2-08 DS-11-08-09 We loosely follow attachment parenting and I love it! We live in southern Vermont where we are always outside pl...More

Helpful Tips

How Has Your Marriage Changed?
I'm a veteran mommy...been doing it for 15 years now. But I have a few newbie mommy friends who struggle with how their marriage has ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.