Skip to content
A few questions:
MontanaMama2009 posted:
1. How are your gardens coming along?

2. How is potty-training coming along?

3. What's LO's temperament these days?

4. How do you handle discipline?

5. What new eco-friendly thing are you up to these days?

6. Have any exciting plans for the summer?
Me, DH of 16 years, DD1 (15yo), DD2 (10yo), DD3 (nearly 2), a labrador, a tabby cat, a lop-eared bunny, and goldfish!  Life is grand!  http://daisyheadmamas.blogspot.com/

MontanaMama2009 responded:
1. How are your gardens coming along? Teeny-tiny sprouts on most...but my peas are doing GREAT! They're growing tall and are climbing up my lattice work.

2. How is potty-training coming along? Neathery is on again, off again with the PTing. Yesterday, she stayed dry in her Elmo underwear all day, the sitter said. Then she peed all over the floor for me in the evening...TWICE. Ugh.

3. What's LO's temperament these days? She's a total stinker. Every 5 seconds I'm saying, "no, you can't do that," or something along those lines. Or she's tired and fussy. Sometimes she'll play quietly with her toys, but not often. She'd prefer to be outside ALL the time, but I just can't do that. :)

4. How do you handle discipline? Time outs for the most part. However, I ended up swatting her on the diaper on Saturday when she took a deck of cards DH and I had been playing with and threw them all over the floor, then stomped on them and refused to pick them up. I had tried TO at first, but she would just jump off the chair and throw herself all over the cards and tell me, "No!" when I'd tell her to pick them up.

5. What new eco-friendly thing are you up to these days? Sorta slacking lately. Only using my baking soda for shampoo-ing occasionally. But it really does work well. I jsut don't like using vinegar to rinse. Pee-yew. Took a bunch of recycling to the transfer station on Saturday. Oh, and I'm making some training pants for Neathery out of scraps of material I have lying around.

6. Have any exciting plans for the summer? My older two girls will be gone most of the summer with my mother and father (in my hometown in Amish country). I have to work so Nettie and I will stay behind. But DH and I plan on camping here and there.
Me, DH of 16 years, DD1 (15yo), DD2 (10yo), DD3 (nearly 2), a labrador, a tabby cat, a lop-eared bunny, and goldfish! Life is grand! http://daisyheadmamas.blogspot.com/

jlc78 responded:
Thanks for posting! I'm having a slow morning today and need some entertainment!

1. How are your gardens coming along? I have to transplant our tomato plants into larger pots. The pepper didn't make it though. I'm not sure what I did to them.

2. How is potty-training coming along? DD is doing AWESOME! I can't even remember the last time I changed a poopy diaper. I haven't washed diapers in almost a week because she's isn't wearing them very often. And yesterday afternoon she had ZERO accidents!

3. What's LO's temperament these days? She has her moments but generally is pretty easy going. We've entered the "No" phase.

4. How do you handle discipline? We do time-outs. DS has become a bit more difficult lately so he goes to his room for time-out.

5. What new eco-friendly thing are you up to these days? I finally started family cloth for myself and the kids.

6. Have any exciting plans for the summer? Going down the shore in July for a week. We'll probably do a few long weekend trips up to the Hamptons and some camping.
Me (31) DH (32) and our 2 beautiful babes DS (6/07) and DD (9/08)

mamatobe08 responded:
I don't have a garden, will be planting more in my mom's garden when we move there next week though.

Good! I found a new book called The Potty Boot Camp by Suzanne Riffel. It's going to help me get past this whole anti-potty phase that I created myself since I was so sick. I'm doing the preparations right now, but I will do the actual Boot Camp after we're settled at my mom's. www.thepottybootcamp.com The e-book is only $5.95-totally worth it. We also picked up a seat topper and stool, and it took him a while to get used to being up off the floor, but he likes it now and it is sooo much easier not having to empty out a potty bowl!

Awful! We went to the zoo yesterday and it was awful. I had to do 3 time outs within a half hour.

Time outs or a swat if he keeps disobeying and it's something dangerous.

Just using the cloth training pants more now that he's going in the potty more.

2 weddings over the 4th of July weekend. A trip to Minnesota for the Creative Memories convention at the end of July. And house hunting!

KCAimee responded:
Hey Ladies! I haven't been around much lately so thought I would join in!

Great! I did already started plants this year but want to start from seeds next year. I'm also doing mine in pots. I have 3 tomato plants that are going crazy. I had to stake them last night and all have over golf ball size tomatoes on them! Strawberries have quite a few flowers. Some bug has gotten them because some leaves have holes but I sprayed them last week. Sweet pepper plant has flowers too. I'm so excited!

Not even starting yet. She will be 2 the 26th of this month so I will start sometime after that. I am in no hurry this time. She has some interest so after her birthday we'll start working on it slowly.

Comes and goes. She is an angel at times and a devil at times. Getting violent in her outbursts though. Hitting her sister, grabbing my neck when she is mad when I pick her up. A strong no breaks her heart though. Have not done TO but have occasionally set her in her room on the floor if she will not calm down

Oops, see above! Redirection still works for us.

I switched laundry detergents! I'm using www.crunchyclean.com and I LOVE it!!! I'm getting used to not smelling detergent when the clothes are clean but I read something recently that the smell is not good for you. Anyway, also drying alot of my clothes outside. Did about 10 loads this weekend and hung over half of it outside. Probably 2/3 I'd say.

UGH...supposed to leave for Destin, FL next Friday but the oil is supposed to hit Pensacola today or tomorrow and it is only 45 miles from Destin. I'm freaking out. Nothing I can do about it though. Doing some more camping this summer and will officially start my marathon training in 2 weeks. I run 24 miles a week now but will officially log it and work it up in 2 weeks.

magsnemma responded:
I wanted to get a garden going but it didn't happen. I'd really like citrus trees and a raised bed, but we won't be here long enough to reap the benefits.

DD is obsessed with poop, but I don't think she's ready yet. But she is spot on in telling us when the dog goes.

We've just started the NO phase as well. And DD is finally starting to want DH, which I am really happy about. When she gets enough of a nap, she's a pretty happy and funny kid.

I give warnings and then take away/remove her from whatever I warned her about. If she throws a fit, I ignore it for the time being. Haven't started time out yet. Mostly it involves her not being able to go outside when she wants to.

Turned the thermostat up a degree, using less paper towels, using vinegar to clean as much as possible.

We're going to my parents' house for the 4th and we're planning a trip to Oregon, to Portland and the beach area. DH is starting to hem and haw a little since he thinks it might be too expensive. I just think he's cheap. :)

kristinrayerootes responded:
So far, so good. The only problem is the slugs. I am trying very hard to not use chemicals to kill them and have hand killed probably a couple of hundred. I wish I could find their eggs and kill them that way, but I don't feel like digging up the entire garden to get rid of them.

2. How is potty-training coming along? Potty training is going well. No poops yet though, so that needs to be my next focus, but she usually does that while at daycare. She asked to go potty during the middle of the night twice over the weekend and actually went, so that was positive.

She has been pretty happy. Like MontanaMama said, she wants to be outside all the time, but there are things that I just have to do inside so we get the occasional fit over that.

4. How do you handle discipline? Tell her she is sorry, make her apologize, and remove her from the situation.

Trying not use pesticides. We also have a compost bin, but need to put it together. Thanks to you ladies, keeping the thermostat a bit warmer than normal. Trying to use a dishtowel or rag in lieu of a papertowel.

Just starting a new job in a few weeks! Maybe TTC #2. If this cycle didn't work, we might wait a few months so that I would a better paid maternity leave. If I am KU'ed, I actually qualify for 6 paid weeks after 90 days at the new job, so it would work out.

daisy729 responded:
My dirt and dog turd farms is growing by the day! We haven't finished our backyard yet, so maybe next summer we will have a garden

Not even thinking about it yet. He sees me going to the bathroom, and tries to flush the toilet. But, that's about it for now.

Better than what it had been. Phew, the first few months after his first birthday I swore Dane was going to be an only child. But, it has greatly improved.

Yelling, swats and smacks on the hand do not work with Dane, he just laughs. Which, in the moment makes you even more upset. So, redirecting him for now is the best option.

I haven't incorporated anything new really. Bought a few more organic food items than usual. But, I do have my mom using vinegar to clean now.

TTC? *gulp* A trip down to see one of DH's daughters family while another daughter is visiting. Maybe a long weekend up in Prescott? We are paying off DH's truck next month, so we will have a little more wiggle room in the budget. Get the backyard done? Paint the walls?

MontanaMama2009 replied to daisy729's response:
Daisy,

What's a dog turd farm????? OMG.
Me, DH of 16 years, DD1 (15yo), DD2 (10yo), DD3 (nearly 2), a labrador, a tabby cat, a lop-eared bunny, and goldfish! Life is grand! http://daisyheadmamas.blogspot.com/

NicoleCoy01 replied to KCAimee's response:
I'm so jealous! I am from the area. I lived in Fort Walton Beach and worked in Destin. My parents lived in Baker Florida. Its so nice there and now I'm in dang Colorado! Ugh!!!
Me-Nicole (27) Hubby-David (28) Our little beauty Savana (15.5 months born 02-03-09)

daisy729 replied to MontanaMama2009's response:
We have new dog turds sprouting all over the yard lately! We haven't been good about picking up after her lately :)

MontanaMama2009 replied to daisy729's response:
Too funny, Daisy!!!!!

NicoleCoy, DH and I were married in Colorado. We lived in Louisville. Worked in Westminster for a bit, and Boulder for a bit.

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the Flatirons and downtown Boulder.

sarahann1978 responded:
It's finally coming together, we have had unusually cold weather, so I lost about 5-6 tomato and pepper plants after the average last frost date! I need to replant those, but the remaining ones are starting to grow. I have a TON of cilantro and arugula. The green beans are poking through the soil. The green onions are going to seed. I have a few radishes and carrots growing, the peas are about to be ready for harvest. My cherry tomato plant that is in a pot in the house is taller than me now and I have eaten 2 tomatoes and there are a bunch ready to ripen. I hope to plant some watermelon and pumpkin seeds tomorrow morning.

He is 16 M so we have not started to try

So long as he is well rested he is great. He gets pretty grumpy when tired, but is still pretty happy. Someone just asked me if he is ever unhappy because he is all smiles when they see him.

Redirecting still works pretty good. He is starting to kind of get "no", but doesn't always obey.

I can't really think of much new just still recycling, using cloth grocery bags, composting, organic gardening, and using natural products as much as possible.

Nothing really official, we just got back from Iowa for a family visit over Memorial Weekend. My IL's are talking about coming out for the Powwow that the Tribe I work for holds in August, so we are considering leaving DS with them and going on a mini-vacation just DH and I, possibly to see the Maze in Canyonlands NP.
Sarah (31), DH(29), DS (Jan. 09) sarahaburger.blogspot.com

KCAimee replied to sarahann1978's response:
Sarah...I am SO jealous of your garden! That is awesome!!

KCAimee replied to NicoleCoy01's response:
Hi Nicole! That would be awesome to be from an area like that. Colorado would be beautiful too but I'm sure you miss the warmth. I'm next door to you in Kansas...nothing to look at here!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me, DH, three girls, two labs, one tabby cat, 20 guppies and a baby lop-eared bunny.

Helpful Tips

And They Slept Happily Ever After (By Johnson's)
I really liked this site. I forget sometimes that it would be SO relaxing to have a warm, soothing bath, then a calm, warming nighttime ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.