Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Yawn poll
daisy729 posted:
1. If you could be ANYwhere right now, where would you go? Who would you take?

2. If you were sitting in front of your TV right now, what would you watch? TV show? Movie? What show or movie?

3. Do you drink wine? What is your favorite?

4. OK, top 5 men on your 'list'. You know that list ladies..who would they be :)

5. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Regardless of children or not.

6. What is your favorite season? Why?

7. What is your favorite holiday? Why?

8. If you have any tattoos, what do you have? Do you want more? What would it be? If you don't, do you want one? What would it be?

9. Big reader? What kind of books do you like?

10. OK, I'm all over the place. Who inspires you to be the person you are? Or you strive to be?

MontanaMama2009 responded:
1. If you could be ANYwhere right now, where would you go? Who would you take? Relaxing at a cabin next to a lake. Probably NOT take the children. Sit next to the fireplace at night, drink a glass of wine, and fall asleep in DH's arms...listening to crickets.

2. If you were sitting in front of your TV right now, what would you watch? TV show? Movie? What show or movie? I don't really watch it...I don't know what's even on at 2:38 p.m. weekdays, LOL

3. Do you drink wine? What is your favorite? red wine, shiraz is my favorite, followed by a merlot blend.

4. OK, top 5 men on your 'list'. You know that list ladies..who would they be Harvey Keitel, Clint Eastwood, Keanu Reeves, Sean Connerry (can he still DO that?), and one of the band members from Coldplay.

5. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Regardless of children or not. Pathologist. Cutting up bodies for study.

6. What is your favorite season? Why? Early fall, when it's still warm but the leaves are beginning to turn gold and red.

7. What is your favorite holiday? Why? Mother's Day!

8. If you have any tattoos, what do you have? Do you want more? What would it be? If you don't, do you want one? What would it be? got my first (and last) tattoo when I turned 35. It's a "bumper sticker" on my lower back: lillies.

9. Big reader? What kind of books do you like? I love, love, love to read. Mainly historical fiction, but I tend to go in other directions, as well.

10. OK, I'm all over the place. Who inspires you to be the person you are? Or you strive to be? I have a GREAT BFF here in my town who inspires me to delve deeper into life's moments, be more than just an occupier of this planet, make a difference. jesus, too!
Me, DH of 16 years, DD1 (15yo), DD2 (10yo), DD3 (nearly 2), a labrador, a tabby cat, a lop-eared bunny, and goldfish! Life is grand! http://daisyheadmamas.blogspot.com/

daisy729 responded:
Alaskan cruise. I would take DH and Dane. And a nanny.

2. If you were sitting in front of your TV right now, what would you watch? TV show? Movie? What show or movie?
Probably a movie. Last night we watched Boondock Saints 2, love that movie! So, maybe I would watch the first one.

I'm on a red kick again, usually I'm drinking whites during the summer tho. I like pinot noir's right now. I found a Chilean pinot called Cono Sur. Delish!

4. OK, top 5 men on your 'list'. You know that list ladies..who would they be :)
In no particular order...Mike Holmes from Holmes on Homes, Thomas Gibson on Criminal Minds, Vinnie Jones, Colin Farrell, Jason Statham. Yes, I have odd taste.

5. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Regardless of children or not.
A food critic. Or a profiler. Again, an odd combo, I know.

Winter. I love those mornings after a big snow, and how quiet and still everything is.

Christmas. It seems that is the time of year that my family gets together. I love the memories from being a kid. And, when I'm lucky, I love a white Christmas.

8. If you have any tattoos, what do you have? Do you want more? What would it be? If you don't, do you want one? What would it be?
I have: a daisy, an anklet of daisys, a celtic harp, a tramp stamp consisting of daisies, a butterfly, a little hamster, and a turtle carrying a daisy. Yes, I would like more. I think I would like to add some lighter flowers to my celtic harp.

If I can stay awake long enough at the end of the day to read more than 2 pages. I like suspense, crime, type book. Patricia Cornwell is a fav. I also love Janet Evonovich.

10. OK, I'm all over the place. Who inspires you to be the person you are? Or you strive to be?
Several people. My grandmother. She lived a very uptight and ridged life, until the last 20 years or so. Then she kicked loose and had fun! So, I try to live life like she did her last 20 years. Dane of course, I am always trying to be the mom I have pictured in my mind that I would be. That picture is constantly changing. I love the person I am now, but I am not perfect by any means, but I always try.

mamatobe08 responded:
1. If you could be ANYwhere right now, where would you go? Who would you take? Silver Lake, Michigan. They have beautiful sand dunes surrounded by a small lake(Silver Lake) and Lake Michigan. Off-roading, dune buggies, camping...With DS and DB. We get to go there the week after July 4. :)

2. If you were sitting in front of your TV right now, what would you watch? TV show? Movie? What show or movie? I am and I'm watching Friends.

3. Do you drink wine? What is your favorite? YES!! Not a good question for a preggo lol, I want wine sooo bad. I love Merlot and Cabernet.

4. OK, top 5 men on your 'list'. You know that list ladies..who would they be Honestly don't have the hots for any celebs lately lol. I'll let you know when the random ones start popping up in the pregnancy sex dreams. ;)

5. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Regardless of children or not. Creative Memories Consultant. :) I love making my own schedule, and I always wanted to be business woman.

6. What is your favorite season? Why? Spring. Not too hot, not too cold, and usually there's some beach time in there.

7. What is your favorite holiday? Why? Christmas. We travel to visit the extended family, and Drew gets time off.

8. If you have any tattoos, what do you have? Do you want more? What would it be? If you don't, do you want one? What would it be? I don't think I would ever do it, but if I did, I would want something like stars to represent my children.

9. Big reader? What kind of books do you like? Not anymore, but used to be. I love Nicholas Sparks.

10. OK, I'm all over the place. Who inspires you to be the person you are? Or you strive to be? My children. :)

jlynnpaine responded:
I would love to go to Ireland. I would take DH and DD.

I'd probably be watching my DVR'd shows. The View most likely.

I don't. I'm not a fan. I like beer and I love rum and whiskey. I rarely drink anymore though.

4. OK, top 5 men on your 'list'. You know that list ladies..who would they be
Brad Pitt, Jason Aldean (country singer), Smith Jarrod from SATC, that's all I can come up with.
I would love to be a CPA or a teacher. I'm over half way there to both degrees but I don't know if I'll finish either one.

Summer because I love the weather and there is so much fun stuff to do.

4th of July. It's laid back, warm, lots of fun and doesn't require me buying a bunch of gifts or cooking anything complicated.

I have one in the middle of my upper back of a hibiscus flower and one the top of foot of three lilies. I do want to get another one, it will be an anklet for a friend who passed away but I've put it off for four years so I may not do it now.

I like John Grisham, Nicholas Evans, Nora Roberts, Jodi Picoult. Something that I can get into easily and don't have to think too much.

10. OK, I'm all over the place. Who inspires you to be the person you are? Or you strive to be? My parents definitely do. DH and DD as well. I want to be the best that I can be for all of them. My great grandma is 93 and until 2 years ago when she fell and broke her hip, she was still working for the forest service doing manual labor. Not even joking. She is a bad ass. She definitely inspires me. She tells it like it is and doesn't take crap from anybody. But she's also very loving and enjoys seeing all of us kids. She never makes you feel guilty if you don't come visit very often, she's just grateful to see you when you do stop by. I think that's wonderful.

magsnemma responded:

A beach, sipping a cool drink and dipping my toes in the surf. I'd take DD, my DH, my BIL and my sis (also BFF).

I think Oprah's on right now, although I don't usually watch tv during the day.

I love Riesling from the Mosul Valley in Germany. We went there on holiday a while back and I fell in love. Otherwise, I like Malbec.

1. Paul Rudd 2. Eric Bana 3. The guys from Supernatural, they're a package deal for me 4. David Boreanaz 5. Matthew Fox

Superhero.

Spring in the Southwest and Fall on the East Coast (NC area)

I love Halloween. I love the idea of being creative and getting to act like someone you're not. I'm not a fan of the make everything sleazy deal though, I'm too old for that.

I have one on my lower back, right side. It's an Alaskan fish with a little man inside. My grandma got me a necklace when she went on an Alaskan cruise a loooong time ago. I always knew that's what I would get. Tempted to get another, but nothing has spoken to me.

Reading the Girl who Played with Fire (Steig Larsson) really good. I will read almost anything, chick lit, mysteries, non-fiction.

I inspire myself to some degree, I'm fairly self-motivated. But my DD makes me want to be a better person. Any weirdly enough, when I see people acting the way I would want to act in a given situation (usually bad), that makes me want to aspire that kind of character.

TyPatrick08 responded:
1. If you could be ANYwhere right now, where would you go? Who would you take? I would go on a Disney cruise and of course Pat Tyler and I ONLY!

2. If you were sitting in front of your TV right now, what would you watch? TV show? Movie? What show or movie? I am sure it would be Tylers cartoons I am not entertained by the TV the least bit.

3. Do you drink wine? What is your favorite? Yes I do! White wine

4. OK, top 5 men on your 'list'. You know that list ladies..who would they be O-M-G.... Shane Victorino, Justin Timberlake (lol still hot!), Mark Wahlberg (sp), I cant think!!!

5. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Regardless of children or not. A school Nurse

6. What is your favorite season? Why? Summer I just have always loved the days of summer since I was a child

7. What is your favorite holiday? Why? Christams, one time of the year that I actually get to see the WHOLE family!

8. If you have any tattoos, what do you have? Do you want more? What would it be? If you don't, do you want one? What would it be? I have one it is my niece/god daughters anme with a halo over top she is my angel! After our wedding I am getting Tylers name on my shoulder blade (ouch) with his foot prints walking up my back!

9. Big reader? What kind of books do you like? Yeah for Nursing school! if that counts!

10. OK, I'm all over the place. Who inspires you to be the person you are? Or you strive to be? My Mother she had such a ruff life had children really young and still came out on top! She is amazing still to this day and what she can accomplish in 24 hours, I hold my head up high and look at what my Mom has done and continues to do and know i can make it through anything she has proven it to me!

cheeezie25 responded:
1. If you could be ANYwhere right now, where would you go? Who would you take? Maybe like Cabo, or somewhere tropical, sipping drinks by an infinity pool. I would probably take DH and maybe a few other couples... no babies!

2. If you were sitting in front of your TV right now, what would you watch? TV show? Movie? What show or movie? I need to watch the beginning of the episode of the Hills from last night... turned it on late :(

3. Do you drink wine? What is your favorite? YES. I don't really have a favorite... I like Shiraz and Pinot Grigio, but really, I'll drink anything lol. I think my New Years resolusion for 2011 (yes, I think in advance) will be to learn more about wine.

1) Joel McHale 2) Johnny Depp (perinneal favorite) 3) Apolo Anton Onho! 4) Clive Owen (especially from Closer... yum...) 5) Mickey Rourke circa 1986 in 9 1/2 Weeks

5. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Regardless of children or not. Realistically... Maybe my boss's job. He has it pretty good. Or maybe Administrator of CMS or something... at least that is the goal! Unrealistically... International Pop Star LOL

6. What is your favorite season? Why? I guess Fall, although Spring and summer have been pretty fun with DS being the age he is now!

7. What is your favorite holiday? Why? I used to like Thanksgiving, but I don't know how that is going to go this year now that I don't eat meat LOL

8. If you have any tattoos, what do you have? Do you want more? What would it be? If you don't, do you want one? What would it be? No tattoos, but who knows, I might get one in the future.

9. Big reader? What kind of books do you like? Not a huge reader, but I do like a good book. I read mainly non-fiction stuff. If anyone is interested in healthcare quality or just an intriguing, thought-provoking quick read in general, may I suggest the Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande...

10. OK, I'm all over the place. Who inspires you to be the person you are? Or you strive to be? I dunno... I mean, I don't think I really consider anyone to be my "hero". I really loved the Kind Diet and actually felt kind of inspired by it, so I guess I'll go with Alicia Silverstone on this question... at the moment at least haha

jlynnpaine replied to TyPatrick08's response:
Mmm, I would like to add Mark Wahlberg to my list. Thank you!

leftcoastgirl responded:
Right NOW? I'd be at the park with DD and DH. But if I could go on any vacation, I'd probably go with DD and DH to Hawaii.

I'm only half-way through Sunday's episode of The Tudors, so I'd probably finish watching that.

I do, indeed! No real favorite. I'm partial to two-buck Chuck, though. :)

Hmmm. Dave Matthews, Alexander Skarsgard, and I like the Joel McHale suggestion!

If I could be guaranteed absolute safety, I'd have to go with astronaut. But right now, I'd prefer SAHM - at least for a year or two.

In LA, it's winter. It's like autumn in the Midwest - heavenly!

Christmas b/c I get to see my entire family.

I have the good old tramp stamp. It's a celtic knot and some other designs around it. I love tattoos and would love to get more, but I don't really have any other real estate that I'm willing to give up for one.

Not a huge reader, but I do prefer non-fiction. I recently read a couple of Michael Pollan's books, and I'm currently reading Eat, Pray, Love.

My family. I'm so fortunate to have a wonderful husband, great parents who are also amazing grandparents for DD and two awesome siblings. And DD inspires me every day. I feel so fortunate to be - as DH puts it - her "sherpa" in life. I am so excited to see the woman she grows into.

ShayKTen responded:
1. If you could be ANYwhere right now, where would you go? Who would you take? beach, any warm beach with the sun blasting. Cooler full of "adult drinks ;)

2. If you were sitting in front of your TV right now, what would you watch? TV show? Movie? What show or movie? Probably some reality show

3. Do you drink wine? What is your favorite? Not a big wine drinker... but Ill have another type of drink

4. OK, top 5 men on your 'list'. You know that list ladies..who would they be Johnny Depp, Mark Wahlberg (Marky Mark lol) Paul Watkins ( i think thats his last name) 'Edward Cullen', Vin Diesel

Paramedic or forensic psychologist

6. What is your favorite season? Why? Summer.... sun, camping, jet skiing, beer on hot summer days

7. What is your favorite holiday? Why? Halloween, I love being able to be anything you want to be for the day!

I have a sun on my foot, my mom has a moon on hers. I do want another one to represent my girls, but Im not sure what yet

Suspense, Mystery

10. OK, I'm all over the place. Who inspires you to be the person you are? Or you strive to be? My mom, she is one strong women that has dealt with a lot of bull in her life, a lot of health scares (she has hep c, had skin cancer, etc) and she gets through each and everything on such a positive note. She never misses a beat and is there for anyone no matter what

Spotlight: Member Stories

Alicia-29 DH-28 DD-6-2-08 DS-11-08-09 We loosely follow attachment parenting and I love it! We live in southern Vermont where we are always outside pl...More

Helpful Tips

How Has Your Marriage Changed?
I'm a veteran mommy...been doing it for 15 years now. But I have a few newbie mommy friends who struggle with how their marriage has ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.