Skip to content
I started a new WebMD exchange
MontanaMama2009 posted:
I love this board. I really, really do.

Eco-Parenting!

I love how we are such great nourishing mamas! I will continue to come to Nourishing Mothers daily...but I think Eco-Parenting is a bit more streamlined and might attract more users?

Come and join me!

http://exchanges.webmd.com/daisy-head-mamas-eco-parenting-exchange
Me, DH of 16 years, DD1 (15yo), DD2 (10yo), DD3 (nearly 2), a labrador, a tabby cat, a lop-eared bunny, and goldfish!  Life is grand!  http://daisyheadmamas.blogspot.com/

MontanaMama2009 responded:
By special request, I have now created the Eco-Parenting Board for members only. I will delete the above board tomorrow at work.

Please find me on FB or ask other mamas who know me, send me an email and I will add you!
Me, DH of 16 years, DD1 (15yo), DD2 (10yo), DD3 (nearly 2), a labrador, a tabby cat, a lop-eared bunny, and goldfish! Life is grand! http://daisyheadmamas.blogspot.com/

KCAimee replied to MontanaMama2009's response:
I hope that the Nourishing Mothers board remains and people remain active on it. I've really enjoyed the board. It's alot of the same mamas and occasionally someone will join in that is new. I like that about it. Making a board invite only seems too clique-ish to me. I don't really come here for that. So I think I will contintue to check NM board and I hope people will continue to post here because I love the conversation!

Jen_FLMom replied to KCAimee's response:
I may join the new board but as far as this board and the other public ones I post on go I'm staying too KCAimee. :)

jlc78 replied to KCAimee's response:
I still plan to post here on occassion. Honestly, lately I've been posting more on another site about my crunchy parenting things where it's more accepted.
Me (31) DH (33) and our 2 beautiful babes DS (6/07) and DD (9/08)

Jen_FLMom replied to jlc78's response:
I'm sorry you and some of the other members don't always feel as accepted on these boards as you used to. I missed whatever happened on the other board yesterday but if it's anything like the post on this board I can't really blame anyone for not feeling welcome here anymore. I appreciate all you mamas who use this board as it was intended: to encourage one another, teach one another, and learn from one another. I wish that a few weren't trying so hard to ruin it for everyone. :(

KCAimee replied to Jen_FLMom's response:
I totally agree with you Jen. It is a toss up. It's so frustrating when someone "ruins" it for others. However, it is so helpful to be part of this community so you take the good, you take the bad.

jlc78...which other board to you frequent (if you don't mind me asking!)

mamatobe08 replied to Jen_FLMom's response:
I will still post on here too, but it will be nice to have a "quiet place" to discuss the other things that some have the feeling they need to start arguments about. It does stink that some are ruining a spot that we should be able to go for support.

MontanaMama2009 responded:
I'll still be here daily, as well.
Me, DH of 16 years, DD1 (15yo), DD2 (10yo), DD3 (nearly 2), a labrador, a tabby cat, a lop-eared bunny, and goldfish! Life is grand! http://daisyheadmamas.blogspot.com/

gemini5324 replied to MontanaMama2009's response:
I rarely post on any of these boards at all anymore. It's just not fun any more. I have other boards elsewhere where I am really active, and have met some great moms. I like this board, but hate the invitation only thing- especially when you tell other people about it here- do that on FB, and don't make people feel left out. Are you actually planning on denying anyone membership if they ask?
Megan, Kevin, Gabe

Ryannbaby replied to gemini5324's response:
Gemini, I'm not suprised. I have to admit that I have noticed a trend. If a certain someone or someones(s) post isn't agreed upon, it either turns into WW3 or the activity on the post just dies. If you value any of her ideas or care to hear her stories, she said she will still post on this board - so I can't see the point in the whole "invite only" - other than to specifically not include certain people. Gem, do you have FB?
I'm Ryann (30), DF Gabe (31). Our beautiful DD - 14 months - Isabella Francesca Marie - Born on St Patty's Day 2009. So in love with our little beauty!

cheeezie25 replied to gemini5324's response:
It's not even that I am so much against setting up a private exchange... I mean, if you want to chit chat with your friends on a private message board, that is fine and dandy with me... but as Gemini pointed out, it is the advertising of the private board on a public board that is just a bit tacky in my opinion. Clearly, not everyone who posts here is welcome on the private board, so why point this out? But yeah, I am pretty curious to hear the answer to the your question, "Are you actually planning on denying anyone membership if they ask?"

jlc78 replied to KCAimee's response:
Aimee - I've been hitting diaperswappers more regularly now. And I have a few forums on Cafemom that aren't as mainstream. I still like WebMD. I have friends here whereas I don't feel like I have friends on those sites. Probably because I've been with these boards for a few years now. Since the whole format change, the boards aren't as active anymore which makes it hard for me to get into. Like gemini said, they're just not fun anymore.
Me (31) DH (33) and our 2 beautiful babes DS (6/07) and DD (9/08)

KCAimee replied to jlc78's response:
I lurk alot on DS. There is so much wonderful info there (just too much drama, LOL!). I have learned a ton there about everything. I'll have to check out Cafemom.

gemini5324 replied to Ryannbaby's response:
Ryann- Yes I have facebook. My email is gemini5324@yahoo.com

Feel free to add me :)
Megan, Kevin, Gabe

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I'm Beth (25). I have an 8 month old daughter named Olivia and I came to this board to learn more about living a healthier greener lifestyle. ...More

Helpful Tips

Natural Cleaning Products
VINEGAR: Mix 1 part water to 1 part vinegar. Works as a natural deodorizer AND disinfectant! Safe on most surfaces and incredibly ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 35 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.