Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Composting Suggestion
MontanaMama2009 posted:
My mother, who was here this weekend, suggested that instead of a large composter bin, I use a blender to blend all of my leftover foods (minus meat and dairy, of course) into a liquid, and then pour into my gardens for added nutrients. Egg shells, too, she said.

I didn't have an extra one that I wanted to use for my table scraps, so I went down to Goodwill on my lunch break and bought a used one for $3. I'll wash it and set it on the counter next to my sink, throw all of the table scraps in there (minus the meat and dairy), blend it until it's liquid, then pour onto my garden!

This kind of blender (which doubles as a compost bin for your countertop since it has a lid).

Me, DH of 16 years, DD1 (15yo), DD2 (10yo), DD3 (nearly 2), a labrador, a tabby cat, a lop-eared bunny, and goldfish!  Life is grand!  http://daisyheadmamas.blogspot.com/

momma2lucas responded:
umm webmd ate mypost

that is a great idea. i dont have any room on my counterspace for more appliances but thatis a great idea. even if you dont put it directly in garden and throw it in composter it would break down so much faster

katieb426 responded:
Hmm...for some reason that just sounds really gross to me. But I guess it's a faster way to break it down?

I put all of our kitchen compost in a bucket under the sink that has a lid on it. When it gets full, DH takes it outside to our compost heap and mixes it in.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I'm Beth (25). I have an 8 month old daughter named Olivia and I came to this board to learn more about living a healthier greener lifestyle. ...More

Helpful Tips

How Has Your Marriage Changed?
I'm a veteran mommy...been doing it for 15 years now. But I have a few newbie mommy friends who struggle with how their marriage has ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.