Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
new here.
myloves1 posted:
Hello my name is Emma and I am new here.I have a daughter that was born on 3/17/09.I wanted to know if this is a great place for questions and support.

MontanaMama2009 responded:
Hi, Emma. I'm Kim, Administrator for this board. It's normally a great place, yes. Been a bit slow lately, tho.

Lots of mamas lurk but don't post, so feel free to post questions. you're sure to get a lot of advice.

Kim
Me, DH of 16 years, DD1 (15yo), DD2 (10yo), DD3 (nearly 2), a labrador, a tabby cat, a lop-eared bunny, and goldfish! Life is grand! http://daisyheadmamas.blogspot.com/

yogijan responded:
Hi emma,
I lurk here quite a bit. I am a yoga teacher and nutritionist, A whole foods diet advocate, and an adviser on "green living". Mother of two great kids dd age 10 and ds age 6. We are also expecting another little one in March. Hope to chat soon!!!

saywhat789 replied to yogijan's response:
Just lurking from the other boards. What is a "Whole foods diet" I'm very interested!

leftcoastgirl replied to saywhat789's response:
It means eating a diet of whole, unprocessed foods that are as close to their natural form as possible - and usually with a strong emphasis on eating plants. Essentially, preparing meals from scratch rather than opening a can or zapping a frozen meal in the microwave. :)

MontanaMama2009 replied to saywhat789's response:
I wonder if that's anything like "clean eating"? Clean eating means eating nothing artificial...and as close to the original or natural state as possible. And no white flour or white table sugar, either.

You eat french cut green beans, not French fries. Grapes, not grape juice. Lots of healthy foods, basically. Combine lean protein foods like chix breast with complex carbs like yams.
Me, DH of 16 years, DD1 (15yo), DD2 (10yo), DD3 (nearly 2), a labrador, a tabby cat, a lop-eared bunny, and goldfish! Life is grand! http://daisyheadmamas.blogspot.com/

MontanaMama2009 replied to yogijan's response:
Hi, yogijan. Glad to see you on the Nourishing mothers board, as well.

cheeezie25 replied to MontanaMama2009's response:
Macrobiotics is somewhat similar to those terms as well, but with slight variations. Macro diets tend to focus more on consuming foods that are in season, cleansing soups, excessive chewing to breakdown all of the food components for optimal absorption, and most importantly, a focus on a plant based diet. I think some Macro people eat fish and fish products, but other animal products are prohibited from stricter versions of that diet. I dabble with macro recipes, but I am far from actually eating a fully macrobiotic diet.

saywhat789 replied to leftcoastgirl's response:
Good to know! I've trying to do that myself but didn't know there was a term for it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 30 years old from Albany, NY. DF and I are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl, Isabella. She was born on St Patty's Day, 2009! S...More

Helpful Tips

And They Slept Happily Ever After (By Johnson's)
I really liked this site. I forget sometimes that it would be SO relaxing to have a warm, soothing bath, then a calm, warming nighttime ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.