Skip to content
What's for dinner???
saywhat789 posted:
I need some new ideas!

daisy729 responded:
Take a piece of foil, put a little salsa on the bottom, put the chicken on top and top with more salsa. Close the packet up and bake until done.

I marinate chicken with fresh lime juice, garlic and olive oil, then grill it. You can eat it like that or cut it up and put it into tacos.

That leftover garlic lime chicken can make a white bean chili.

Pork carnitas. I put a pork tenderloin in the crock pot, squeeze an orange and a lime, add 5 whole cloves of garlic, some chicken broth, cumin and salt and let it cook all day. You can make tacos with that meat, enchiladas, or the white bean chili as well.

Spaghetti with whole wheat pasta

Turkey burgers. Made these the other night. I sautéed up a poblano, onion and garlic. Added that to the turkey with some salt and pepper. Put that on a whole grain bun. It was quite good. I served it sweet potato fries.

Just tried this one yesterday. I put 1.5 C applesauce, 1 T apple cider vinegar, 1 T dried onion flake, 1/4 t cinnamon and 2 cloves of garlic over 4 chicken breasts and cooked in the slow cooker. Served over orzo. That was a hit.

Just a few ideas...

MontanaMama2009 responded:
My challenge this weekend is to make a meal completely from local food products. Thankfully, today is farmer's market, so I'll head on over to see what I can purchase fresh...and then whip up a great meal.

Should be interesting.
Me, DH of 16 years, DD1 (15yo), DD2 (10yo), DD3 (nearly 2), a labrador, a tabby cat, a lop-eared bunny, and goldfish! Life is grand! http://daisyheadmamas.blogspot.com/

saywhat789 replied to daisy729's response:
Yummy thanks for the ideas!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Alicia-29 DH-28 DD-6-2-08 DS-11-08-09 We loosely follow attachment parenting and I love it! We live in southern Vermont where we are always outside pl...More

Helpful Tips

Natural Cleaning Products
VINEGAR: Mix 1 part water to 1 part vinegar. Works as a natural deodorizer AND disinfectant! Safe on most surfaces and incredibly ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 35 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.