Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Breastfeeding in public and etc along those lines
mybodymyself posted:
Decided to make one thread on this then having separate one/s because its easier on everyone and including me.

What are your view/s on all of this and this also goes for those close to you? How is all of this viewed where you live?

Found that I'm in the middle of this and have no clue which side I will ultimate head up on. Even though I'm all for this and plan doing all of it or at some of them. Haven't really discussed it with the ones whom are close to me. Its still against the norm where I live as far as I know of course. Haven't really done any serious learning and researching on this or etc as well. Basically, its a huge subject and etc.

leftcoastgirl responded:
I haven't been on this board for months and was happy to see a couple of discussions popped up while I was gone!

Re: BFing in public, most states have specific laws that protect mothers' right to nurse in public. (Meaning, they can't be asked to leave a public place for doing it or charged with indecency.)

As an extended BF-er of a three-year-old with another LO on the way early next year, I feel it's pretty easy to BF in public discreetly because, well, the baby covers up pretty much everything! Now, I'm sure there are women out there who either find it difficult to be discreet or just don't want to be - and that's their right. But I don't think I look at it any differently than any other social faux pas. I personally have never seen a mom BF-ing in public who I felt was indiscreet (and I live in California, where public BF-ing is quite common), but I've seen plenty of people pick their nose in public or wearing clothes that were WAY too revealing or making out on a public street.

In short, to me public BF-ing is no different than public bottle feeding.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me, DH, three girls, two labs, one tabby cat, 20 guppies and a baby lop-eared bunny.

Helpful Tips

How Has Your Marriage Changed?
I'm a veteran mommy...been doing it for 15 years now. But I have a few newbie mommy friends who struggle with how their marriage has ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.