Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Loosing hair
SWKhan posted:
I recently gave birth to my 3rd kid. He is 4 months old now and I am breat feeding him. Since let 2 weeks I am loosing hair like crazy and it seems like if I keep loosing hair like this I'll be bald soon. I called my gynecologist but she didn't have any satisfying answer. All she said was to add calcium in my diet but already taking calcium tabs every day.... Any suggestion for me ??????

mtnwolf responded:
Right at about four months I also started to lose a lot of hair. I awas told it was due to hormones and quite normal. It was said that during pregnancy we don't lose as much hair - you know they say pregnant women's hair is usually full and beautiful - so I guess we make up for it afterwards. I was told I would lose more hair for about the same length of time I was pregnant, which for me was seven months, and that ended up being about true! (I also nursed, but I'm not sure that had anything to do with it or not.)

Hope that at least eases your mind some! Now if you've got bald spots, I'd surely seek more information from your doctor!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 30 years old from Albany, NY. DF and I are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl, Isabella. She was born on St Patty's Day, 2009! S...More

Helpful Tips

And They Slept Happily Ever After (By Johnson's)
I really liked this site. I forget sometimes that it would be SO relaxing to have a warm, soothing bath, then a calm, warming nighttime ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.