Skip to content
baby carriers
ButterflyBaby1107 posted:
Anyone use a baby wrap/ sling carrier like the moby wrap or the other similar ones out there. Is it worth spending the money on?

RoseLynn02 responded:
There have been some reports on infants suffocating in those, so I'm kinda of weary of them honestly.

leftcoastgirl responded:
I have an Ergo Carrier that I got for my older daughter that I'm now using with my new DD. I use it all the time, and for me it was well worth the money. But I think the kind of carrier that's best depends on the mom. I have several friends who swear by the Moby wrap and some who love slings.

Incidentally, it's the slings that have been linked to a handful of deaths over the past 20 years or so. When carrying a very small baby, you need to be careful not to obstruct the baby's airway with the fabric. Also you need to watch for babies being curled into a "C" position with their chin against their chests - this also happens in car seats, and you need to be careful of it happening in those as well. Neither of my DD's cared much for slings, so I never worried about it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I'm Beth (25). I have an 8 month old daughter named Olivia and I came to this board to learn more about living a healthier greener lifestyle. ...More

Helpful Tips

And They Slept Happily Ever After (By Johnson's)
I really liked this site. I forget sometimes that it would be SO relaxing to have a warm, soothing bath, then a calm, warming nighttime ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.