Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
baby teeth splitting in half
mjabdonahue posted:
My son is almost 12. The last 2 baby teeth that have fallen out have spontaneously split in half a day or two after falling out. Any idea why this would happen?

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi mjabdonahue,

I am a little confused by your question. Are you stating that your son's baby teeth came out naturally and then split in half outside of his mouth afterward? Has your son had any oral health concerns in the past? How would you describe his oral hygiene?

I look forward to hearing back from you and hope that your son is not in any pain. Take care!
Best Wishes! Amelia

jeepers05 replied to Amelia_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Amelia- My daughter had this exact same thing happen to two of her baby teeth....after they have come out naturally.
My husband and I were sitting at our table and my daughter had put her baby tooth(molar) on it hours earlier and all of a sudden the tooth split in two right before our eyes. We didn't know what to make of it. Can you explain it for us? Thank you.

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

sinus trouble in my teeth
need info on sinus that have gotten into my teeth i went to the dentist this week and my dentist told me about this and i have never heard ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website