Skip to content
painful bumps on my 5 year olds tongue
An_224228 posted:
My 5 year old has many bumps on her tongue..she came to me about ten minutes ago and told me her tongue was hurting and showed me the small bumps that look like pimples. (It looks nothing like thrush, totally different) Her tongue is not swollen, she has no fever, and she a decent appitite. Ive been searching on here but cant find anything that looks like what she has. To my knowledge she hasnt ingested anything harmful (she is in daycare during the day), although she has a bad habit of sucking her middle and second to the last fingers. Any suggestins as to what this may be??

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon,

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's tongue. Does it look like a possible allergic reaction or more of an irritated swelling? I would think that if she is sucking a great deal and with force on her fingers, it could irritate her tongue. By the way, I'm not a medical professional, so please keep that in mind. I think that if she is still in pain, you should call her pediatrician and/or pediatric dentist for an examination, in case there is another underlying cause creating this concern. Here is the WebMD Tongue Problems Basics for you to look over and consider other ideas. Please keep us posted on how she is doing! Take care.
Best Wishes! Amelia

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Rash on lips
I just noticed a bunch of tiny white bumps on my top lip. They are white, not clear, about the size of a pin point, and don't seem like ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website