Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pain 2-3 years after root canal
Jba91 posted:
I had a root canal surgery done on two teeth (the top two middle teeth, 8 and 9) around 2 1/2 years ago. Everything went well during and after surgery, no complications arose that I or my dentist were aware of.

I have never had a problem until about two days ago when tooth 9 started to get this dull aching pain. I've pinpointed the source of the pain to be from the very top of the gum in the little dent between tooth 9 and tooth 10. Almost right below the nose. There is no swelling whatsoever associated with the gum.

Tooth 8 is not experiencing any problems at all. I am wondering if this could possibly be an infection in the tooth? I am planning to call my dentist tomorrow, but figured I'd check with anyone who might know online first.

Thanks.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Jba91,

Your plan is the best! Only a physical examination is going to tell you where the pain is truly stemming from. I hope that you keep the community posted on how things go and that the pain leaves quick! Take care of yourself.
Best Wishes! Amelia

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Rash on lips
I just noticed a bunch of tiny white bumps on my top lip. They are white, not clear, about the size of a pin point, and don't seem like ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website