Skip to content
Please Help Serious Pain
jtflynn12 posted:
My mandible is growing down into my teeth. The top right side of my mouth has really bad receding gums, with pieces of my jaw growing down. Very painful to the point of misery.
My bottom gums are split to the point of being a gap that I can put the tip of my tongue in, again my lower jaw is growing up through these gaps. I'm spitting bone, and blood pretty much all day. I have seen three different speachilists so far, and none of them have seen this before, and don't know how to treat it.
It is excruciatingly painful, I honestly wish I could be put in a drug induced coma until someone comes up with an answer. Some of the top jaw is growing between my gum, and tooth. Its very sharp, and unrelenting pain. My Oral Surgeon has never seen this before.
I am going out of my mind with pain. Can somebody please help, please.
John T. Flynn

jtflynn12 responded:
Seems to me, a doctor could get a major paper published in the AMJ, by looking at my case. At this point I really can't get any answer.

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Yikes! That sounds so terribly painful! I'm sorry to hear you're having to go through that, Jt.

It is impossible to diagnose over the internet, but I'm sure our community or one of our experts will be chiming in soon with their suggestions.

Hang in there and hopefully we can help get you pointed in the right direction soon!

~Andie

jtflynn12 replied to Andie_WebMD_Staff's response:
I hope so because I really cannot take this much longer. I also have RA of the spine, stenosis, and degenerative bone disease. Put them together and it is pure hell.
Thanks

I don't know how much longer I can hang on. I am very serious, when I do anything physical (like mowing the lawn), it speeds up the process. Bummer. Thanks for any help you can give me.

I think I confused my jaws, it's the top jaw, the maxilla so I'am told. The oral surgeon does not want to remove my teeth because he's not really sure what will happen to all the maxilla bone growing into, and between my teeth. I really can't stand the pain, Lidocaine doesn't cut it. Why don't they just pull them, this pain is really intolerable in 2011, or anytime. I'm willing to let nature take its course.
Thanks,
JTF

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Rash on lips
I just noticed a bunch of tiny white bumps on my top lip. They are white, not clear, about the size of a pin point, and don't seem like ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website